redfoxdude

Nikola EVA Foam Side Pads

I like the contrast in padding colors. It fits with the crazy LED light show on the Nikola. 

On 9/24/2019 at 5:51 PM, redfoxdude said:

I just need to find a way for bonding the layers together that is less of a hassle than spray adhesive.

High-temp hot glue works wonders on EVA foam if you squeeze it enough. That or the tried-and-true Contact Cement!

If you want something removable or that you can shift around a bit to get the angle and placement just right, I highly suggest Locking Velcro! I used it for a while when I was making my custom pads for my Monster!

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

what is the consistency of EVA foam? is it dense, is it elastic and rubbery?

EVA foam is the same stuff as craft foam. The same kind that you can buy at craft stores in small sheets.

2 hours ago, eBoardsXbeatz&Unis said:

if your selling them im interested in buying.

I'm flattered! Thank you for your interest. I am still refining the design and build process, but I do hope to be able to sell some in the near future, albeit in lower quantities since I am making these in my free time. I'll let you know!

Hi. Please tell me which part is what thickness, and if possible, show a photo of individual parts from which everything is assembled. Also very interested in what Shore hardness of the material?

On 11/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, redfoxdude said:

Sorry for the lack of updates! Work got real busy, and this project got put on the back burner.

I have still been iterating on the pads, though. I am almost satisfied with them now:

NikolaSidePadsV3.thumb.jpg.2d6a1acd143d20f8425704687a9bcd4b.jpg

When can we order? :-) Riding my Nikola with the stock pads is like riding with a pumpkin between your legs--the combination of its already oversized width and the stock pads is just awful. (I thought it was just me not being used to such a wide wheel and that I'd get used to it, but it's really not improving fast/significantly enough. Everyone says it's the stock pads which I could see being the case/I'm hoping is the case.)

Edited by AtlasP

Can you message me about the pad i love to buy 1 for my nikola Thank Brother 

I got impatient waiting and did this in the meantime: 

It works great.