Wow! GW Monster with an even BIGGER Batt.? 3108wh

17 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

Thanks for the comments.

I don't think I understood this part. 

the nickel strips are separated from the batteries because of poor build quality. 

If the strips touched those disconnected cells while riding (e.g. hitting a bump), they will dump energy into them causing a potential fire. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bigger Batteries -  bigger b.s. outsourced job but no Gotway quality control.  Very Chinese low quality? On the other hand is it USA fake news?  I dont know what to believe. What if Volvo or Toyota made EUCs this nonsense wouldnt happen? ....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm in the real NYC group buy, with the guy in the video above (jerry) with the correct range. Pretty much everyone in the NYC group buy hosted by David Yanson has the full range. So far it seems like one guy got a bad battery from a different seller and suddenly all our wheels have corona virus?

You guys are fake news, my god. 

a pattern is 3 or more of something. learn before you talk, as you could harm owners. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

idk.. i would be very leery buying "seller modified" wheels... do they have a clue what theyre doing? are they using original parts and matching everything up perfectly? what is the wiring like and what about overheating? who the hell knows, im not ready to gamble nearly 3000 USD on a single wheel with next to zero QC or testing, eff that lol.... i was extremely tempted despite all of this but i had to remind myself that these things are not built to last and its just too much money for one single EUC.. so i went with the official 84V 2400 Wh monster instead, with my weight it should get me 150 km on a charge.. thats way bigger than the entire city that i live in anyways lmao, at that point i would just be aimlessly driving down the highway xD and if i run out of juice before im tired i have other wheels to ride all day long if i want

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Rywokast said:

idk.. i would be very leery buying "seller modified" wheels... do they have a clue what theyre doing? are they using original parts and matching everything up perfectly? what is the wiring like and what about overheating?

This is what the extension installed by greenway on an MSX 84v looks like.

https://framapic.org/gallery#yhjfs99UHXWP/LQteeTAPFVXU.jpg,2PwJCUiao1sG/00FKa7IWcK46.jpg,SDktpskBJfNp/WCpP3YwPuSj5.jpg,9TELLwaePJ5w/P09rzPpcZ30G.jpg

There's no soldering. Everything is connected via connectors identical to the original ones.
(The pictures show burnt and oxidized connectors because these batteries have been in water for 3 days)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, archieuc said:

This is what the extension installed by greenway on an MSX 84v looks like.

https://framapic.org/gallery#yhjfs99UHXWP/LQteeTAPFVXU.jpg,2PwJCUiao1sG/00FKa7IWcK46.jpg,SDktpskBJfNp/WCpP3YwPuSj5.jpg,9TELLwaePJ5w/P09rzPpcZ30G.jpg

There's no soldering. Everything is connected via connectors identical to the original ones.
(The pictures show burnt and oxidized connectors because these batteries have been in water for 3 days)

oh jesus i was going to say, they sent it to you like that??? why the hell was the battery in water for 3 days whats the story there? at least their wiring matches original

48 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

oh jesus i was going to say, they sent it to you like that??? why the hell was the battery in water for 3 days whats the story there? at least their wiring matches original

a silly story. Overconfidence and frozen feet. A small path along a canal, a maneuver to avoid pedestrians, a slip, loss of control and splash. then the tears...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, archieuc said:

a silly story. Overconfidence and frozen feet. A small path along a canal, a maneuver to avoid pedestrians, a slip, loss of control and splash. then the tears...

yeesh, that sucks big time

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 8:38 PM, Jessedegenerate said:

So far it seems like one guy got a bad battery from a different seller and suddenly all our wheels have corona virus?

You guys are fake news, my god. 

This is very true. The issue is that every seller does these conversions differently, and to make matters worse, sometimes the same seller does two different conversions to different standards. I have personal experience of an 1860Wh 84v MSX (1600wh + 259wh) from Intelligent Walking Store which was very well done and worked as expected. The additional pack was marked up Green Fashion. This same wheel was later converted to 100v using EUC Service packs (I can disclose that now they have the conversion listed in the public domain) which again are very well made with proper Sanyo cells and independant BMS's. A friend has an 1860wh 100v which was upgraded from 1230wh using Loomo packs which again are well made and work very well.

However, another friend purchased an 1860Wh 100v MSX from Green Fashion which whilst being a parallel pack setup, isnt the nicest conversion. That said, it does work well, operates as expected and afaik uses proper cells and bms'.

The point being, despite my Green Fashion extra 259wh 84v pack being fitted and done well, the Green Fashion 1860wh 100v wheel installation leaves a little to be desired. Pic below, taken as the wheel was received:

Screenshot_20200520-112848_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.df4912336b0f622ea858c427751afd93.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Planemo said:

Screenshot_20200520-112848_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.df4912336b0f622ea858c427751afd93.jpg

that is so sketchy it's not even funny :facepalm:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rywokast said:

that is so sketchy it's not even funny :facepalm:

I must admit it's not the best. I will re-iterate however that *all* the wheels behave identically with regards to charging/riding/power/range etc and it would be impossible to tell the difference from these aspects. I just wanted to provide some examples of how differently these wheels can be implemented, even from the same battery builder. As a result, I can fully appreciate how there will always be people who would not want to risk anything that isn't built by the wheel manufacturer, but it is also fair to say that there are others who are techie/savvy enough to look at whats being offered and make an educated decision as to whether it suits them. In the case of the wheel above, even that can be tidied up and will probably give years of service, as the crucial items (battery choice and BMS functionality) are, we believe, OK. That said, we haven't stripped the packs to check spot-welding quality etc so....you pays yer money and makes yer choice. :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My friend Tobbe has now received his Monster 3108Wh.
Here is an unboxing and also he takes a look inside.

I feel so upset on behalf of your friend being lied to and missold something so expensive like that. Was he at least able to get a discount on the cost of the wheel once they admitted they were used 21700s? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My friend Tobbe has now received his Monster 3108Wh.
Here is an unboxing and also he takes a look inside.

Interesting video Mike.

So the 'are they used?' question rages on. Some people say they cant be, yet we have an admission from a wheel supplier (albeit via a 3rd party) that they are. The plot thickens...

• Like 1