Jump to content
Rudy Sijnke

Wow! GW Monster with an even BIGGER Batt.? 3108wh

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2019 at 10:22 PM, chrisjunlee said:

Question: Are these 21700 panasonics put in by Gotway (a la OEM)? Or is it the seller putting them in aftermarket?

Gotway does it. 

Edit: I was wrong, a third party does it. 

Edited by Jean Dublin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

Someone on Facebook called "Way Chic" (not sure if that's Chicway, or not...) has been advising people not to buy 3108wh and to buy 2460wh instead, because 21700 batteries are used/second hand, from electric cars. 

Gotway confirmed that is not true, that they are brand new.

Probably that seller just wants to get rid of the stock, or just keep selling more by telling people not to buy the only option with bigger battery. No idea... 

I know what the source is now...

Chicway.Shop / Green Fashion (on Aliexpress) is lying about the 21700 batteries, saying they are bad, because they don't have them, and can't get them in stock yet...

Gotway isn't selling to them anymore, they are buying the GW wheels from someone else, who is buying from GW...

So when he's saying "wait until 21700 is mass produced and new ones are used by GW", he probably means "wait until I have them in stock and can sell them myself to you"...

And he's telling people to buy the "safer" Nikola 18650 and the Monster 18650 2460wh modded by the shop/seller... (one arrived burned, remember?)

So that may stop some people from buying the 21700, and get them to buy it from him once "they are safer" 🙄

GW isn't letting anyone buy anything anymore

Who told me all this, is also in the industry, and can't get 21700 from GW either, for now.

 

Here screenshot of what two friend of mine were told by Way Chic on Facebook Messenger (ChicWay). 

One wanted to buy Nikola 21700 100v 1800wh, the other wanted Monster v3 21700 100v 3108wh. 

 

Screenshot_20191001_103005_com.whatsapp.jpg

 

 

Screenshot_20191001_104057.jpg

Screenshot_20191001_095036_com.whatsapp.png

Edited by Jean Dublin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

...

Screenshot_20191001_095036_com.whatsapp.png

They already have more than three month experience with the 21700 3100Wh model? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Green and Fashion really has fallen from grace. Blatant lies.

Buyer feedback (on this forum) also isn't exactly good recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow, Green and Fashion really has fallen from grace. Blatant lies.

Buyer feedback (on this forum) also isn't exactly good recently.

If a resellers insinuates GW such practices, one could come to the idea, that resellers do such things, too (selling reused batteries as new...).

Anyhow it leaves a bad taste of the reseller - why does he continue selling products of a company doing such things! How could one be sure it does not happen with 18650 cells, too?

Here where not really a considerable amount (?if any at all?) reports till now of bad battery packs in new wheels? Just seldom reports of single cell (pairs) going bad (?a bit?) too early - I'd account these incidents to bad cell matching/manufacturing mishaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moreover, I do not understand why Greenfashion all of a sudden raised prices, esp. 100v Nik. now. €2980??🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

esp. 100v Nik. now. €2980??

:eff04a58a6::eff0541f4a::eff04a58a6:

Maybe so they can "reduce" prices for Black Friday or some other promotion event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Chriull said:

If a resellers insinuates GW such practices, one could come to the idea, that resellers do such things, too (selling reused batteries as new...).

Anyhow it leaves a bad taste of the reseller - why does he continue selling products of a company doing such things! How could one be sure it does not happen with 18650 cells, too?

Here where not really a considerable amount (?if any at all?) reports till now of bad battery packs in new wheels? Just seldom reports of single cell (pairs) going bad (?a bit?) too early - I'd account these incidents to bad cell matching/manufacturing mishaps?

Interesting thoughs, I wonder what cells Green and Fashion are using for the modded 100v 2460wh Monster... :efeed51798: (one arrived burned on the box, and they said it wasn't their fault, remember?) 

Edited by Jean Dublin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

one arrived burned on the box, and they said it wasn't their fault, remember

Afai got it, that was the power button pressed while in the box, and the rotating tire got stuck wirh package material....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Chriull said:

Afai got it, that was the power button pressed while in the box, and the rotating tire got stuck wirh package material....

Thanks for the info, so I guess what burned the inside was just the wheel trying to spin, but being blocked.
I decided I'll buy the 3108wh, as soon as I sell the 1845wh, I just put it up for sale.
I'll definitely ask them to protect the power button from accidental turn on... before shipping it.
Also, whoever has the tool/part needed to fix the loose axle bolt, have it ready for me haha. Hopefully it won't be needed...

Edited by Jean Dublin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, Jean Dublin said:

Gotway does it. 

Edit: I was wrong, a third party does it. 

Just edited that. I ordered it thinking Gotway Factory was fitting the 3108wh, but no, it's a third party. 

 

Screenshot_20191011_113054_com.tencent.mm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

Just edited that. I ordered it thinking Gotway Factory was fitting the 3108wh, but no, it's a third party. 

 

Screenshot_20191011_113054_com.tencent.mm.png

True, the batteries are Not an official GW - product. Very curious about the charging time and the milage you can get out of it, as well as the internals. Will you test and show us once its in your hands? Keep us posted! When will you expect it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

Will you test and show us once its in your hands? Keep us posted! When will you expect it? 

Yes I will open the sides to show you, and I'll test it too. 

30-45 days from now. Let's see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also looking at using a 100.8v 10A charger, otherwise the 3108wh would take forever to recharge on a +200km long trip with one break.

I read before in this forum or the French one that GX16-5 has its limits... So I asked a chargers seller. 

I shared the answer here, let's see how this turns out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned Jason now, let's see if we get this clarified. I was hoping I could charge the Monster v3 I bought with 10A (for +200km trips), but it seems like I won't be able to go over 6A now... 

Edited by Jean Dublin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not change the plug and socket and wire diameter to the battery then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jean Dublin said:

I mentioned Jason now, let's see if we get this clarified. I was hoping I could charge the Monster v3 I bought with 10A (for +200km trips), but it seems like I won't be able to go over 6A now... 

It’s a simple modification to make the Monster (or any Gotway 100V wheel) take 10A. Simply run 4 pins/wires (+12-45) to an XT30 male and use 18AWG silicone stranded (instead of the stock 20AWG) to be able to support 10A. You’d need to modify the 10A charger as well to the aforementioned pin configuration. 

The +1 -5 configuration can probably at most push 7A without significant heat build-up. 

I did a range test comparing the 2460Wh Monster to the 2200Wh MSX, and it seemed to be as expected, 35 miles with 30% remaining vs 38 miles with 22% remaining for the MSX, traveling at an average speed of 30 MPH. 

Edited by Ben Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...