Kingsong 16X: pedal dipping (overleaning) video clip

chrisjunlee

12 minutes ago, brockj said:

This is inaccurate, if stated without further qualification.

IP addresses of servers with an endpoint on the public Internet are not private. 

IP addresses of client applications are only exposed to the servers or peers they are connecting to. Unless of course the server shares that information, or someone who admins it does. In the same vein, if I login to this forum with a password, it's (hopefully) transmitted to the server and not the rest of the server's users. If either of those things were leaked by the server, its' exposing non-public information about the client.

By public i mean that the IP's are registered with ARIN, AFRINIC, APNIC, LACNIC, and RIPE NCC.  Publicly searchable if you have the IP you are talking to.  There are three ranges of private IP's which require NAT and a public IP to talk to the rest of the public Internet.  I don't think we need to get into a class about this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

I'm very thankfull that i could spend my youth with my friends in "privacy" - not everything shared publicly on youtube, instagram and whatnot.

I share my private live with friends i choose personally and have no special urge to spread everything to the world over the internet. Also i don't really care if it happens.

My personal preference is to keep my pricacy as it is possible. My personal opinion is that it would be a pity if we only could choose between cocooning ourselves or using "modern" (1) communication...

(1) internet forums are afaik almost as old/ancient as i am :D

Were you as sysadmin for BBS?  I was, maybe I'm dating myself by admitting that.  Back when it was 300baud rate. modems...  usrobotics was the bomb when it went to 9600.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Publicly searchable if you have the IP you are talking to. 

That's the key thing, though.

If you are just saying that mods & server admins can see our client IPs, then yes, I totally agree that that is simply fact. You have the ability to look us up.

However, other people on the forum are not, and should not, be aware of each others' IP addresses.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Were you as sysadmin for BBS?

No - just using some of the BBS. Edit: But with care and preparation- telephone lines were expensive in these times. :) Was mostly a great group event with friends...

I was, maybe I'm dating myself by admitting that.  Back when it was 300baud rate. modems...  usrobotics was the bomb when it went to 9600.

9600 baud were a real blast! :thumbup:

Edited by Chriull

4 minutes ago, brockj said:

That's the key thing, though.

If you are just saying that mods & server admins can see our client IPs, then yes, I totally agree that that is simply fact. You have the ability to look us up.

No - your client ips are private. They are in a private segment of your internet provider and not published over the internet.

The public ip assigned by the internet provider (more or less temporarly or semi static) is seen.

Different of course, if one has a static ip.

4 minutes ago, brockj said:

However, other people on the forum are not, and should not, be aware of each others' IP addresses.

+1. Would open "bad" possibilities to do "big data analysis" by "hamster"ing (does hamster still exist:D - if not take any other webcrawler) the forum and combine user, ip adress (?and keywords?).

1 minute ago, Chriull said:

No - your client ips are private. They are in a private segment of your internet provider and not published over the internet.

The public ip assigned by the internet provider (more or less temporarly or semi static) is seen.

Different of course, if one has a static ip.

I get that. I meant "client" in the sense that any NAT are still client-side from the perspective of the Internet server I'm connecting to. 

But anyway, I've taken this thread off-topic enough as it is :D It seems that the education about IP addresses was unnecessary. My bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brockj said:

I get that. I meant "client" in the sense that any NAT are still client-side from the perspective of the Internet server I'm connecting to. 

I assumed so - and theoreticly the real "natted" client address should be safe, if the router firmware, setup,os, client os, etc... would be safe...

5 minutes ago, brockj said:

But anyway, I've taken this thread off-topic enough as it is :D It seems that the education about IP addresses was unnecessary. My bad.

Don't mind - this thread is gone. That's quite "normal" around here... :D

I, and i assume noone else will split the posts to a new topic...

If @chrisjunlee reconsiders and returns he'd best start a new:ph34r: topic 

11 hours ago, Joker10 said:

I used to use the ankle flip thing to get a feel for battery level on my 16s.   When the battery was getting low it did start to allow some pedal dip.  I find myself doing it on my 18l every once in a while but I never notice the pedal dip on it at all. But I also ride in expert mode, or experience mode, whatever kingsong has it labeled as.  

I've tried this on the 18XL too and haven't managed to get the pedals to dip, no matter how hard I try (I'm on expert mode too)

OK, that was my attempt to get the thread back on topic...or at least on a tangent created by the OP :efee612b4b:

Although I'm not sure there's any chance of saving this thread at this point...perhaps it should just be renamed "Flame wars: the curse of the 16X" so anyone with a bucket of popcorn, craving a good drama, knows where to find one :efee612b4b:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

I took my 18l for a spin the other night.  Purposely tried to dip the pedals.  Even though I don’t notice it, the headlight indicated that the wheel tilts forward some probably going about 18is mph.  I am estimating 3 to 5 degrees?  And this is in expert mode.  Maybe i will try it tonight on medium and beginner once it gets dark.  I don’t think there is anything wrong, didn’t feel like I was in danger, maybe all wheels do this? 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 5:54 PM, Joker10 said:

I took my 18l for a spin the other night.  Purposely tried to dip the pedals.  Even though I don’t notice it, the headlight indicated that the wheel tilts forward some probably going about 18is mph.  I am estimating 3 to 5 degrees?  And this is in expert mode.  Maybe i will try it tonight on medium and beginner once it gets dark.  I don’t think there is anything wrong, didn’t feel like I was in danger, maybe all wheels do this? 

KS hard pedal mode has a bit of a give compared to a GW, so that is normal. If you tried to test for the severe issue people have gotten by ankle-flicking, they’ve said that the wheels don’t do it until at 25mph or so.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:14 PM, Marty Backe said:

It's sad that so many people are fearful of exposing their true identities. Something I can't relate too.

Would you publicly post a video of you driving your car, speedometer showing, at 120mph on a US highway, including your real name?

Compare it to people here admitting to riding their euc's on the streets in countries where it is illegal.

In my country people have been punished because of traffic violations caught on camera, and not on police or state cameras. It were videos on social media.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 4:45 AM, photorph said:

And here I thought this forum was just for EUC talk.  Interesting development. 

Whatever the case, one thing I can confirm is that @chrisjunlee and his pedal dip video is accurate for the KS16x.  I've tried it once, and it was a medium-ish effort flick... scary when it happens.  I am gonna try it with more effort this weekend, kind of concerned though...but for the sake of another data point.

I'm just wondering ... isn't this just a case of temporarily overpowering the motor? You go pretty fast and then all of the sudden you give it a big demand for acceleration/power, so the motor can't keep up momentarily? A bit like riding at 25mph and then doing a heavy lean to accelerate.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm just wondering ... isn't this just a case of temporarily overpowering the motor? You go pretty fast and then all of the sudden you give it a big demand for acceleration/power, so the motor can't keep up momentarily? A bit like riding at 25mph and then doing a heavy lean to accelerate.

I don't know the exact reason behind this, whether it's a flaw or by design, but IMHO I think the issue is being overblown a bit. Momentary dipping in the event of such a sudden power demand (which isn't the same as the gyroscope entirely disengaging) doesn't seem like that big a deal, and could even be considered a safety feature to some extent (better than a faceplant at least).

I'm not defending KS here, I do think occurrences of high-speed overlean/speed bump/pothole cutouts, particularly with heavier riders, are a serious issue that needs to be addressed, but at the same time, I can't help feeling that the maxims "know your wheel and its limitations" and "get the right wheel for your riding style" should apply above all; all wheels have had their issues, and knowing these Chinese companies' track record (issue-ridden 1st batches that feel more like beta prototypes and shouldn't have been sold as production units), I figure personal responsibility for one's own safety should be priority no. 1.

That's the reason that, now that I'm used to the 18XL's acceleration, cruising speed, etc., I consciously adopt a very laid-back riding style whenever I take the V8 for a spin (and why I'm planning on selling it and replacing it with a Tesla v2) :D

Just adding my 2 cents, not trying to throw gasoline on the embers of a discussion that has seemingly finally calmed down...

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm just wondering ... isn't this just a case of temporarily overpowering the motor?

Yes, and that’s what some of us consider to be an issue.

When doing a heavy lean, you press the front of the pedals with most of your body weight. And modern wheels tend to be ok with that, even at 25mph. I would imagine that by doing a fast ankle flick one can only apply a fraction of the force of an actual heavy body lean.

But the flick is very fast, and it might mean that the 16X can’t react to obstacles very fast when going 25mph or above. We do know that many other current EUC models do not behave like this.

5 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Would you publicly post a video of you driving your car, speedometer showing, at 120mph on a US highway, including your real name?

Compare it to people here admitting to riding their euc's on the streets in countries where it is illegal.

In my country people have been punished because of traffic violations caught on camera, and not on police or state cameras. It were videos on social media.

Probably not. But my observation wasn't regarding the posting of illegal activities. The vast majority of people here don't use there real names and I have no idea who they are, what they look like, etc. Is this because they are all posting videos of illegal activities :D I doubt it.

So I just don't understand the anonymous online culture as it applies to 95-percent of participants. I suspect it's so they can be A-holes to other people, which again is something I can't relate to.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So I just don't understand the anonymous online culture as it applies to 95-percent of participants. I suspect it's so they can be A-holes to other people, which again is something I can't relate to.

Marty, you have as such nice opinion about 95% of the forum members. How come?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I suspect it's so they can be A-holes to other people

Sure, it’s good to keep the options open...

Come on Marty, having a real name as the username hasn’t really prevented such behaviour, now has it? ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

So I just don't understand the anonymous online culture as it applies to 95-percent of participants. I suspect it's so they can be A-holes to other people, which again is something I can't relate to.

That's a bit bloody harsh if I'm honest mate.