chrisjunlee

Kingsong 16X: pedal dipping (overleaning) video clip

I guess this topic will be my last contribution on this forum. @photorph will carry on the torch from here.

== Farewell ==

I love this community, and as open as I am, there are certain pieces of personally identifying information I guard closely. 

Tonight, a certain staff member abused his power and published a piece of private information I care about on this public forum. Everything else about him I could tolerate, but that - that crossed the line. Not only did he doxx me, but several other people that wished to remain completely anonymous. 

I have also explicitly asked this individual to leave me alone, yet he continues to gloat and harass me. 

I do not feel safe in this forum run by such a staff member, and I will take his advice and go private.

2 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I guess this topic will be my last contribution on this forum. @photorph will carry on the torch from here.

== Farewell ==

I love this community, and as open as I am, there are certain pieces of personally identifying information I guard closely. 

Tonight, a certain staff member abused his power and published a piece of private information I care about on this public forum. Everything else about him I could tolerate, but that - that crossed the line. Not only did he doxx me, but several other people that wished to remain completely anonymous. 

I have also explicitly asked this individual to leave me alone, yet he continues to gloat and harass me. 

I do not feel safe in this forum run by such a staff member, and I will take his advice and go private.

We'll that's a shame tbh , even though everyone has differences in opinions whether they are right or wrong or we see it a different way it's still ok , we can learn from everything posted here , you chris,, have voiced your concerns several times and people including me has reacted , your a tuff guy you've always liked the reactions and also took in grace and voiced back with no harm done , can't you just block the people who's posts you'd rather not see 🤔 Plus we miss your crashes😁 think about it please and if you do go your always welcome back in your own thread 😊

👍👍

3 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

== Farewell ==

Err, not sure exactly what happened but your contributions and opinions are valuable.  So are those of everyone else.  No need to leave the forum.  It's all friendly discussion, nothing to take personally.   Keep your logs updated with your findings.  

I used to use the ankle flip thing to get a feel for battery level on my 16s.   When the battery was getting low it did start to allow some pedal dip.  I find myself doing it on my 18l every once in a while but I never notice the pedal dip on it at all. But I also ride in expert mode, or experience mode, whatever kingsong has it labeled as.  

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

You tried to carry on a conversation with yourself by creating two other new users to praise yourself and didn’t know enough to cover your tracks and got caught.

:roflmao:

I take back what I said today.....I don't sell my 16X and I don't go back to the idiots in the RC-Helikopterforum......here it is much better than I thought. :efee612b4b:

Let the show beginn....:popcorn:

A word of advice, if you are so concerned with others knowing where you work, don’t post from your work place computer.

:rolleyes:

by creating two other new users to praise yourself

Are the two fake accounts deleted and all related posts?

5 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Are the two fake accounts deleted and all related posts?

Post have been hidden.  accounts haven’t been deleted yet. 

Where are all the ninebot z10 people who think that’s the best wheel😄? (Oh I see, in the Facebook group)

12 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Where are all the ninebot z10 people who think that’s the best wheel😄? (Oh I see, in the Facebook group)

I think the Z10 is the best wheel that I have for riding in the rain. 

@eddiemoy, it's totally up to you whom you trust and why. It's entirely your prerogative to not understand why people want or need to be anonymous (despite having been given pretty decent explanations). It is however not your prerogative to break their anonymity. Not understanding their motives or needs just isn't a justification. It is a serious problem for the forum if you, as a forum moderator, insist in writing "To me IP is public" after all these exchanges have been taken place.

Edited by Mono

Just now, Mono said:

@eddiemoy, it's totally up to you whom you trust and why. It's entirely your prerogative to not understand why people want to be anonymous. It is however not your prerogative to break their anonymity. Not understanding their motives or needs just isn't a justification. It is a serious problem for the forum if you, as a forum moderator, insist in writing "To me IP is public" after all these exchanges have been taken place.

I think you misunderstood me.  I was merely stating the fact, "IP's are public", which it is.  But not here on this forum which was my mistake.  If it was included in each post, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I hear you.  

53 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I didn’t know the IP was only visible to moderators, that was my mistake. To me IP is public.  I also don’t quite understand the need to be anonymous like most here as I don’t tend to trust people that I don’t know anything about.   It seems like the popular thing to do here as there are only a few here who use their real names. 

I do personally know a member who is hiding from people.  So I guess it does happen. 

It's sad that so many people are fearful of exposing their true identities. Something I can't relate too.

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

You tried to carry on a conversation with yourself by creating two other new users to praise yourself and didn’t know enough to cover your tracks and got caught.   You are disrespectful to others and resort to calling people names and personal attacks.   Yet, you haven’t been banned yet.  You are still welcome to participate in this community, but you need to just state the facts and not do all the other things stated above which makes you look really immature.  

I saw that post and immediately thought it was weird that it was a new user and their 1st post was regarding all this.  This need for attention and dishonest approach makes me question the motives and truthfulness in all the OP's post.  

10 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

== Farewell ==

I'm curious if you're really leaving about your IP being posted, or the fact that you got caught creating fake accounts to make yourself look better.

A shame. Whether it was all truthful or not, theres nowhere else to go other than leave with your reputation in tatters when you pull stunts like creating false accounts. Were it me, I would be mortified at having been caught out, which is partly why I dont do stuff like that.

11 hours ago, stephen said:

What's your batch numbers

2nd, and the dips I get are not like those show in the videos...,  what I get is more like "a pedal angle change"  and it's stay like this until 1-2 rebalance/restart

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's sad that so many people are fearful of exposing their true identities. Something I can't relate too.

An IP is something people could use to gain access to your stuff. There is much more to it than hiding identity.

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

That's one valid opinion. There are many other valid opinions regarding privacy. There are cultural and generation differences. This is an international forum were no consens is to be found. That's quite offtopic here and could fill an own forum...

But it was unnecessary leaking of "private" information without the members consent. He did not know, it was not on purpose and it won't happen again. Point.

Sorry if this sounds harsh - but chewing on this the whole day in different topics is exhausting. :(

Private information leaking discussed in 

I'm just saying it's sad. I mean, isn't is sad that we have to have keys, passwords, doors that lock, etc. For me, it's an easier life when lived as an open book. Must be awful to live otherwise.

But me saying this does not mean that I disagree with the option that people should be able to live closed lives. I fully support absolute 100-percent live-in-a-cocoon privacy for those that want it. Has no bearing on my life.

56 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I was merely stating the fact, "IP's are public", which it is.

This is inaccurate, if stated without further qualification.

IP addresses of servers with an endpoint on the public Internet are not private. 

IP addresses of client applications are only exposed to the servers or peers they are connecting to. Unless of course the server shares that information, or someone who admins it does. In the same vein, if I login to this forum with a password, it's (hopefully) transmitted to the server and not the rest of the server's users. If either of those things were leaked by the server, its' exposing non-public information about the client.

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

But me saying this does not mean that I disagree with the option that people should be able to live closed lives. I fully support absolute 100-percent live-in-a-cocoon privacy for those that want it. Has no bearing on my life.

I'm very thankfull that i could spend my youth with my friends in "privacy" - not everything shared publicly on youtube, instagram and whatnot.

I share my private live with friends i choose personally and have no special urge to spread everything to the world over the internet. Also i don't really care if it happens.

My personal preference is to keep my pricacy as it is possible. My personal opinion is that it would be a pity if we only could choose between cocooning ourselves or using "modern" (1) communication...

(1) internet forums are afaik almost as old/ancient as i am :D

Edited by Chriull