Jump to content
chrisjunlee

Kingsong 16X: pedal dipping (overleaning) video clip

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I tried soft and medium right now, but soft is really horrible for me. :efefc8626c:Maybe it's nice on flat pavement but not on bumpy trails? 

Medium is OK, but hard fits my needs better. :thumbup:

 

Yeah i like soft mode on the flat for carving, for hills it would be hard mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so much for a 2200w motor lol. if it cant handle ankle "flicks"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

its so strange. i got to try a ks16x a few days ago. even at the hardest mode. its like you can make the pedals dip the first 100ms of acceleration. if you do it hard it honestly makes me feel like i cant trust it. like if it is just going to fall. also i tried braking on it. wow it was like trying to brake a car with the wheel. it just wouldn't stop :efee96588e:

its a good wheel. definetly improvements since the earlier ks wheels. but gotways just have an edge here. the nikola aswell which i tried 1 day prior to trying the 16x

My wheels been sound . Braking sound, and acceleration and that's on several firmwares .. Not had an issue apart from throttling differences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stephen said:

My wheels been sound . Braking sound, and acceleration and that's on several firmwares .. Not had an issue apart from throttling differences

I guess you are used to it. You dont notice it for real until you had a gotway for some time. Then going back..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

This is something I wish was made more clear to me before I got the 16X. Gotway doesn't just have an edge - they're in a completely different class.

This is new information. I guess the 100V Nikola and the 16X speed throttling issues really drove it home. Before that we had the MSX (which is rock-solid and awesome) and the 18XL which seemed very fine, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Funny thing is I've not seen this issue reported anywhere.  I've not had this issue with either my 18L or 16X.  Maybe you just have a defective wheel.  Why don't you borrow someone else's 16X and try it.  Also never understood why anyone would like soft mode.  But there are those that do.

The only thing superior on the 100V Nikola is the higher top speed.  Nothing else.  I own both just like you and I still prefer the 16X most of the time.  But given the 100V,  the Nikola it is supposed to be faster, but it doesn't feel quicker.  I guess your 100V Nikola is also superior at self-destructing.

  

My friend who has a 16x is facing exactly the same issue. So my guess is that it is not just a few defective wheels. Honestly i like the way the nikola handles better. It does not have the little delay in response thst the ks has even in the hardest mode. So smooth. Aswell as a good soft mode. I dont see why anyone would use soft mode either. On kingsong that is. Gotway nailed it with soft mode. Same response just more floaty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

It does not have the little delay in response thst the ks has even in the hardest mode. So smooth. Aswell as a good soft mode

Little delay? There's no delay in 16x acceleration 🤔 . I use soft mode now and again  it gives me a totally different ride experience and i like that 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

My friend who has a 16x is facing exactly the same issue. So my guess is that it is not just a few defective wheels. Honestly i like the way the nikola handles better. It does not have the little delay in response thst the ks has even in the hardest mode. So smooth. Aswell as a good soft mode. I dont see why anyone would use soft mode either. On kingsong that is. Gotway nailed it with soft mode. Same response just more floaty

Maybe his shoe sole is to soft and this cause the delay? :efee612b4b:

Edited by buell47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The only thing superior on the 100V Nikola is the higher top speed.  Nothing else. 

The significantly higher top speed. To many people, that’s the only thing that matters. (You know the battery is bigger as well, right?)

Its the difference between a 50cc scooter and a 150cc scooter. I can’t take my Kingsong on the roads, it’s too slow and annoys drivers. My Nikola on the other hand has enough top speed to not only stay with traffic but to be able to pass when needed. 

While top speed might be the “only” thing the Nikola does better, that’s arguably all it needs to do better to be better than the 16x for many users.

Edited by Darrell Wesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does anyone have any issue after BT patch? Now I experimented twice pedal tilt (quiet severe), not brutal reaction, then lowering the pedals back very slowly... 
Speed: about 15km/h and another time at I just stood on my wheel while staying on the same spot. 

Edited by R2D2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Does anyone have any issue after BT patch? Now I experimented twice pedal tilt (quiet severe), not brutal reaction, then lowering the pedals back very slowly... 
Speed: about 15km/h and another time at I just stood on my wheel while staying on the same spot. 

Without the patch....nearly unrideable. 

With patch all is fine. Maybe if you are very picky, you can say that it sometimes tilts slightly forward on slow u-turns or sharp curves. But that's so little that I'm not even sure whether it's imagination or reality. If I don't have any delusions and it is true, it doesn't bother me a bit, so that I rack my head about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

yes, that's it. 
After patching the wheel is fixed. Indeed on u-turns :D   
But nothing to worry about, it feels safe and not annoying. At first I was thinking it's my imagination :D 

Thx @buell47, finally I can enjoy my wheel :)

Edited by R2D2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I rode my 1.06 16X a lot today, playing music through the speakers. I haven't noticed anything. Guess I don't know what the issue is that requires patching :confused1:

Hey Marty, I missed this, did you “upgrade” software to 1.06? I’m staying at 1.05 at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

The significantly higher top speed. To many people, that’s the only thing that matters. (You know the battery is bigger as well, right?)

Its the difference between a 50cc scooter and a 150cc scooter. I can’t take my Kingsong on the roads, it’s too slow and annoys drivers. My Nikola on the other hand has enough top speed to not only stay with traffic but to be able to pass when needed. 

While top speed might be the “only” thing the Nikola does better, that’s arguably all it needs to do better to be better than the 16x for many users.

I think you over estimate the importance of top speed.  What I’ve seen is Top speed isn’t that important to most, or else everyone would buy GW.  Much more people own wheels that are slower than 31mph.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shad0z said:

My friend who has a 16x is facing exactly the same issue. So my guess is that it is not just a few defective wheels. Honestly i like the way the nikola handles better. It does not have the little delay in response thst the ks has even in the hardest mode. So smooth. Aswell as a good soft mode. I dont see why anyone would use soft mode either. On kingsong that is. Gotway nailed it with soft mode. Same response just more floaty

There is zero delay riding the ks16x.  I use experienced mode always.  I think you maybe using the wrong mode.  With experienced mode, the KS16x is quicker than the Nikola.  My seat of the pants feeling.  Also if you slap the Kuji side pads on for added leverage it accelerates like a bat out of hell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I think you over estimate the importance of top speed.  What I’ve seen is Top speed isn’t that important to most, or else everyone would buy GW.  Much more people own wheels that are slower than 31mph.  

I'm curious, do you have any statistics to back this statement up?

Anecdotally, most people I personally know have very fast wheels or are saving to get a very fast wheel. But of course I'm not making an across-the-board declaration.

I'd love to know how many wheels of each have been sold. It's a mystery as far as I'm concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Hey Marty, I missed this, did you “upgrade” software to 1.06? I’m staying at 1.05 at the moment

Damn! I miss-typed. God no, I haven't upgraded :)

I fixed my original post. Thanks. 

Edited by Marty Backe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

I think you over estimate the importance of top speed.  What I’ve seen is Top speed isn’t that important to most, or else everyone would buy GW.  Much more people own wheels that are slower than 31mph.  

Just depends on where you live. In a big city I wouldn’t see the use of faster than 31mph. But I live and ride in suburban/countryside areas lol.

There are roads that are 35mph (which means 40 for a car) that have no bike lanes that I want to ride down instead of going slowly down the rough, uneven sidewalks. Acceleration is important if the street lights are close together. But top speed rules for long cruising between lights. I want a Monster for this purpose but I don’t think I’d like the dramatic difference between the nikola and it acceleration wise. 

@Marty Backe I assume @eddiemoy means much more people own wheels that are not 100v. Which would be true considering there are less 100v wheels than others.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I rode my 1.05 16X a lot today, playing music through the speakers. I haven't noticed anything. Guess I don't know what the issue is that requires patching :confused1:

But you have the second batch, and KS may have fixed it already? 

If not, then probably Jason has made the patch for you already, if he is as good as everyone says. :efefe00999:

Without the patch I had extreme tilting forwards and backwards all the time, partly so strong that it threw me off. But as I said, only extreme when music was playing. Without music it was acceptable with slight tilting here and there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...