Kingsong 16X: pedal dipping (overleaning) video clip

chrisjunlee

36 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I think you are missing something if you try to prove your riding skills by showing how much your wheel has used power momentarily. Itā€™s really not that special or difficult to do this.Ā 

Then do it and show me.

• Like 1

So.. Ā back to the top.Ā 

I donā€™t experience the dipping except for an unusual ā€˜slight levelingā€™ feeling when tight turning.Ā 

Ā 

I tried to inflict the dipping and Iā€™m not able to. I am in experienced mode and going around 24mph. Not sure if I got lucky with this wheel or if I should still be cautious. Ā Ā 

*shrugs*

• Like 3

Umm yesterday I was practicing turning while going backwards and I didn't crash the wheel or anything but i was setting the wheel sideways a lot on my feet (from when missing balance,Ā  or a tooo tight turn), so the point is that I had to rebalance the wheel alot, and in a few of those time when I had to rebalance the wheel " will balance it self) 15 degrees higher than normal and that's alot

9 hours ago, photorph said:

Hey all.Ā  I'm going to put this flicking thing to rest.Ā  Will test this on my 16X this weekend and video it.Ā 

Good luck with that it's happens randomly. What I can tell u from my exp, that when it's gonna happen there's some funny movement with the pedals (30-40 sec b4) šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚Ā 

Edited by ArqFG

10 hours ago, photorph said:

Hey all.Ā  I'm going to put this flicking thing to rest.Ā  Will test this on my 16X this weekend and video it.Ā 

No need to test, he had defective unit.Ā  No one else can reproduce the issue.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, photorph said:

Find a safe pace where you can maintain at least 25mph. Make sure you're using a neutral symmetric stance.Ā 

Be careful :)

Also give me a shoutout in your video :p

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ArqFG said:

Good luck with that it's happens randomly. What I can tell u from my exp, that when it's gonna happen there's some funny movement with the pedals (30-40 sec b4) šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚Ā 

Your issue sounds like the random tilting issue @Jon Sternhad.Ā 

My wheel has been consistent and reliable for 1300 miles. I think besides Kuji and bleepbop, I have the most mileage on the 16X by a long shot.

45 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I think besides Kuji and bleepbop

Kuji had a front/back oscillation problem due to firmware? I think yours is a different problem

Edited by stephen

16 minutes ago, cyfur said:

You know, I really didn't think too much about this issue (able to pedal dip) at first as I had personally never experienced any pedal dipping/power issues myself....

That was, until today when cruising at around maybe 22 mph max (phone bad, wheelog wasn't running unfortunately), I hit a devilishly hidden "pothole" (I think, its hard to say exactly what happened. boy do I love Berkeley's streets)Ā  and the wheel instantly dipped completely forward, popping off the 4 beep overpower alarm in the process as it sent me off into the nether.Ā  High 70s% battery, not accelerating/leaning into it, very, very slight uphill. Thank goodness for my wrist guards. My 16X, which I just kinda "fixed" yesterday (turns out my first crash with it had messed up the internal body structure slightly, causing the front panel to bulge, in addition to completely destroying one side panel), is now officially borked again (yay another cracked side panel).

My confidence in the wheel has unfortunately dropped drastically after this incident. Maybe it isn't a battery voltage problem but a controls and/or hardware problem...20191010_114533.thumb.jpg.eb8cbaed630f7cf97ccb8f0b2618a7a6.jpg

The one good thing I can say though, is that despite all the physical impacts this wheel's been through, the fundamental component of being a self-balancing unicycle still works. It's tough in that sense, at least.

even experienced riders get thrown from their wheel when hitting potholes.Ā  I doubt that has anything to do with pedal dip.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cyfur said:

You know, I really didn't think too much about this issue (able to pedal dip) at first as I had personally never experienced any pedal dipping/power issues myself....

That was, until today when cruising at around maybe 22 mph max (phone bad, wheelog wasn't running unfortunately), I hit a devilishly hidden "pothole" (I think, its hard to say exactly what happened. boy do I love Berkeley's streets)Ā  and the wheel instantly dipped completely forward, popping off the 4 beep overpower alarm in the process as it sent me off into the nether.Ā  High 70s% battery, not accelerating/leaning into it, very, very slight uphill. Thank goodness for my wrist guards. My 16X, which I just kinda "fixed" yesterday (turns out my first crash with it had messed up the internal body structure slightly, causing the front panel to bulge, in addition to completely destroying one side panel), is now officially borked again (yay another cracked side panel).

My confidence in the wheel has unfortunately dropped drastically after this incident. Maybe it isn't a battery voltage problem but a controls and/or hardware problem...20191010_114533.thumb.jpg.eb8cbaed630f7cf97ccb8f0b2618a7a6.jpg

The one good thing I can say though, is that despite all the physical impacts this wheel's been through, the fundamental component of being a self-balancing unicycle still works. It's tough in that sense, at least.

I think @The Fat UnicyclistĀ bodygaurd is going to save me some scratches and above all some money from drops šŸ˜šŸ˜

What batch number are you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

even experienced riders get thrown from their wheel when hitting potholes.Ā  I doubt that has anything to do with pedal dip.Ā Ā 

Yeah i think when you got a pot hole the gyro is knocked out and is dizzy:w00t2:lol, then it recovers after it knows where it's at lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

I don't flick my 18xl but it does this same thing when I go over bumps sometimes or go uphill. I had a really bad one yesterday. The wheel tilted all the way forwards then all the way back, then the motor kicked back in and was level. Super scary because it was just a short ride to the store. Less than .25 miles

How fast were you going? Do you have wheelogs we can take a look at?

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

If you really don't like KS16X that much, why not just sell it and be done with it.Ā  Why you keep on riding it when you know it is defective and just constantly whining about it saying it is a wide spread problem?Ā  You are clearly not out to fix the issue with the manufacturer, just putting FUD out there to scare people into not buying a wheel.Ā  Someone who is trying to do good for the community would contact the manufacturer and try to work out what the issue is, not keep on posting all the BS before confirming what issue it could be.Ā Ā 

Stick with the GW wheels and make sure you keep riding like you do.Ā  With your inflated ego and the need for attention, your last crash won't be the last.Ā  It is just how this hobby works.

For a staff member you're unprofessionally salty and just an overall miserably toxic person. If you don't like what you read, no need to feel threatened,Ā move on. Stay out of my threads, whether it be youtube, facebook, etc. I don't want your attention - understand?

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

If you really don't like KS16X that much, why not just sell it and be done with it.Ā  Why you keep on riding it when you know it is defective and just constantly whining about it saying it is a wide spread problem?Ā  You are clearly not out to fix the issue with the manufacturer, just putting FUD out there to scare people into not buying a wheel.Ā  Someone who is trying to do good for the community would contact the manufacturer and try to work out what the issue is, not keep on posting all the BS before confirming what issue it could be.Ā Ā 

Stick with the GW wheels and make sure you keep riding like you do.Ā  With your inflated ego and the need for attention, your last crash won't be the last.Ā  It is just how this hobby works.

But, but! Itā€™s for science!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stephen said:

I think @The Fat UnicyclistĀ bodygaurd is going to save me some scratches and above all some money from drops šŸ˜šŸ˜

What batch number are you?

First batch. Switched to the second batch tire about a month ago. After cracking 2 shells in the short time I've owned the wheel, I've learned either

1. I really, really suck at riding and specifically crash management, or
  2. The shell integrity/wheel body integrity is really ass.

Currently debating whether I should try to overhaul the structure of the wheel body completely to be sturdier, given that my INNER SHELL is already partially damaged.

19 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Maybe you're right @eddiemoy. This is my first time having such an experience, so I can't help but think about this thread. I've hit holes and drops and other things before without the wheel dipping tossing me forward (though losing my footing because of a bump? definitely). I can't really figure out why this one would be different. Bad luck or something. Maybe I'll get more answers once I've cooled down a bit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cyfur said:

First batch. Switched to the second batch tire about a month ago. After cracking 2 shells in the short time I've owned the wheel, I've learned either

1. I really, really suck at riding and specifically crash management, or
  2. The shell integrity/wheel body integrity is really ass.

Currently debating whether I should try to overhaul the structure of the wheel body completely to be sturdier, given that my INNER SHELL is already partially damaged.

Maybe you're right @eddiemoy. This is my first time having such an experience, so I can't help but think about this thread. I've hit holes and drops and other things before without the wheel dipping tossing me forward (though losing my footing because of a bump? definitely). I can't really figure out why this one would be different. Bad luck or something. Maybe I'll get more answers once I've cooled down a bit.

Many in NYC have hit pot holes and wiped out.Ā  This is a dangerous hobby, just try to gear up always to prevent major injuries.

• Like 1