​~ ​​​​​​LB to OC Loop ~ 60+/- miles 🌞 SUNDAY 9/29

Freewheeler

49 minutes ago, YoshiSkySun said:

So.. Is there a designated lot to park? Whatever happened to the original spot, the basketball court?

From the looks of the new (3rd location  :facepalm: ) parking location. I rather do the original parking location next to the basketball court. I personally don't like parking on public streets for several reasons :eff01bbbfc:. A "Park Parking Lot" is a lot more desirable to leave our vehicles for several hours. Our parks get patrolled :ph34r: plus have CCTV. :smartass:

Edited by Dave U
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, YoshiSkySun said:

So.. Is there a designated lot to park? Whatever happened to the original spot, the basketball court?

Hey @YoshiSkySun. Sorry man, I should have tagged you when it changed. Let's chat about it. 

9 minutes ago, Dave U said:

From the looks of the new (3rd location  :facepalm: ) parking location. I rather do the original parking location next to the basketball court. I personally don't like parking on public streets for several reasons :eff01bbbfc:. A "Park Parking Lot" is a lot more desirable to leave our vehicles for several hours. Our parks get patrolled plus have CCTV. :smartass:

Uh @Dave U.. didn't you suggest Chavez? :blink: I don't know LB well at all so that's why I picked Yoshi's jumping off point at first. 

I think we're only six for tomorrow so we can be flexible. I'm up for anything, I just wanna roll ...:roflmao:

I'll be online for about an hour. @M22 @Kens

Edited by Freewheeler

Oh, and while it seems it's all shifting under our feet let me add some more news.... The pit stop I birddogged? I just now thought to check... they don't open till noon! 

I do have alternates, with plugs. 

I have @Yellowman's proxy vote. What do you guys say? Park at the basketball courts, go to Balboa for a pitstop, CDM, up to LB and then back? 

@YoshiSkySun @Dave U @Kens @M22

1 hour ago, Freewheeler said:

Uh @Dave U.. didn't you suggest Chavez?

Yes I suggested Drake/Chavez Soccer Field Or Drake Park next to the River Bike Trail, 1 mile off Long Beach Harbor as the 2nd location.

It's all good, Lets Roll

By the way there is another 50+ mile ride on Monday from Ballona Creek to Seal Beach and Santa Monica.  @Dzlchef is hosting this ride if anyone is interested, so far the count is Brian, Eli and myself that are rolling.

Edited by Dave U

6 minutes ago, Dave U said:

Yes I suggested Chavez Park next to the River Bike Trail, 1 mile off Long Beach Harbor as the 2nd location.

It's all good, Lets Roll

By the way there is another 50+ mile ride on Monday from Ballona Creek to Seal Beach and Santa Monica.  @Dzlchef is hosting this ride if anyone is interested, so far the count is Brian, Eli and myself that are rolling.

Oh! Ok. Well my Googling skills failed me. I still can't find that park so ..  the final answer is ...

Basketball Courts at El Dorado!

First post will be updated with a pin. 

See ya all tomorrow. 

@M22 @Kens @YoshiSkySun @Dave U @Yellowman

• Like 1

Just now, M22 said:

Dave the address i had was 401 Golden ave and 2760 E Barrios st which, is it? Thanks

El Dorado Park.

Adjacent to the Basketball court. 

2760 N. Studebaker Rd. Long Beach

See you all tomorrow. 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:24 AM, Marty Backe said:

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately, there's just too many stops for me. I know, I know, but I'm a long distance guy. It's only been recent that I've been willing to break for a lunch, sometimes.

I'm more of a "let's ride for 50-miles" kind of guy :ph34r:

:cheers:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jun said:

@Freewheeler, Can you add me to the meetup list?
Just joined the forum and  would love to join the group ride whenever I can.

Thank you.

Here you go Jun, you are just in time for a whole week of adventurous group rides!

• Like 2