My KS16X Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the stand that I have does interfere with the bodyguard. But Duf is making 16X stands which are wider.

Hmm, I wonder when.  I just got the current 16x version and it's spot on without the bodyguard.  When I have the bodyguard on, it catches.  I tried adding washers to both sides but it still isn't enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Patton250 said:

What beautiful scenery. I’m jealous of you. All we have is flat humid areas to ride here in Florida. 

I try not to take it for granted. Come out for the 2020 EUC tour next October :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I try not to take it for granted. Come out for the 2020 EUC tour next October :D

I may consider it. I guess I would have to ship one of my wheels out there ahead of time. Where would I come to LAX?

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 12:11 PM, Patton250 said:

I may consider it. I guess I would have to ship one of my wheels out there ahead of time. Where would I come to LAX?

LAX or Ontario followed by Burbank or John Wayne Airports.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dave U said:

LAX or Ontario followed by Burbank or John Wayne Airports.

Dave was our GA(Guardian Angel), throughout Marty's tour always thank lessly anchoring our group keeping everyone feel safe.  There were more than few times some of us got separated from main group and had our own mini adventure with Dave U...  Thanks Bro... :cheers:

Courtesy of Dave U sending his son down the path... :shock2:

IMG_20191103_150327_182.jpg

Edited by Mark Lee

On 10/22/2019 at 11:31 PM, EvoKnvl said:

Hmm, I wonder when.  I just got the current 16x version and it's spot on without the bodyguard.  When I have the bodyguard on, it catches.  I tried adding washers to both sides but it still isn't enough.

My 16x with the bodyguard no longer catches; however, I did have to use velcro to secure the Kevlar flaps in place for a tight fit.  I also have a somewhat more adjustable stand.

AD25834-C-4524-4-AE9-A119-8-CB2-B9560-E1ACC5-B975-C4-D5-4408-94-E3-8-D92-B888-D19-A61-A24-D-6896-4404-8-BF0-CEC337147177 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JonnyBonz said:

My 16x with the bodyguard no longer catches; however, I did have to use velcro to secure the Kevlar flaps in place for a tight fit.  I also have a somewhat more adjustable stand.

ACC5-B975-C4-D5-4408-94-E3-8-D92-B888-D1 

That's basically what I did with mine too. I think Velcro is the best solution for sure.

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I rode a 16X all 7 days of Marty's LA TOUR. 16X worked flawlessly despite multiple drops and wipe outs.  As mentioned by many the torque at the lower speeds can't be underestimated. How the the wheel is able to utilize the power to propel us is magical. On same trail with ACM2 dispite the power it lacks traction to be able to utilize its power.  From the tour 16X was the trails winner. However from this tour we've realized 1600 Wh just is not enough. :facepalm:

• Like 3

Dang I remember when I thought 1050wh was plenty. Then you see the 1600wh coming out and you think oh man I can go for days on that. It's the age old story of you can never have enough. Picked up a monster 2400 because my Nikola almost ran out of juice  on me going 35 miles on the river mountain loop trail here in vegas( guess I'm fat or theres lots of up hill riding, or both). Haven't had the chance to run it with the monster though because it's been very brisk here past two weeks. Cant wait to try with that nice seat though 

Edited by Han Vo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Han Vo said:

It's the age old story of you can never have enough.

It doesn’t seem to be linear though. There are steps where a natural range of the tours around you are reached, which seems to slow down wanting more. For me just going from 1600 to 1850 on the 84v MSX stopped it from beeping on my favourite off-road tour, so I’m no longer in a hurry to install the second 250Wh.

Come summer though...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

However from this tour we've realized 1600 Wh just is not enough. :facepalm:

The problem is not the Wh... The problem is too much Korean BBQ and beer!   :cheers:

Not that I'm judging, mind you. I just accept that my excessive lifestyle has an impact on my range.   :lol:

• Like 3