Trolley handle broken - KS16S

Gasmantle

Anyone had any problems with the trolley handle on a  KS16S ? I've only had my machine a week and spend more time sorting out problems than riding :(

This time it's a broken handle, the thing just snapped clean off when lifting the machine (with the handle collapsed), i can't see any simple way of removing it so thought I'd try a repair of my own using epoxy but that's proving unsuccessful so it looks like I'll have to call the seller and ask for a replacement handle.

I can't believe on a £1300 machine that Kingsong fit a cheap and nasty handle that even the Poundshop wouldn't sell - give me a V10 scorpions tail handle any day.

It’s a common problem and the newer black handles are stout.  Easy swap and fix.  I’ve done it on mine previously.  Do a search and you’ll come up with a lot of “how to’s” to fix. 

@Gasmantle So sorry to hear about your problem with the trolley handle on your KS16.  I feel for you, really frustrating as it should never happen to any wheel costing so much. I  think you were just very unlucky. I know of two other riders with V8 and I can say (my opinion), they are not as robust as the KS16. I am sure that once you have your trolley handle sorted, you will have lots of enjoyment and  pleasure riding your wheel, I hope so. I can confirm, after two and half years riding my KS16,  touch wood, I have zero issue, trolley handle or Apps. 

Good luck!.

HI fellow KS-16s rider

I have my ride one year now and my trolley handle is wobily but never have any issues with it. You just have bad luck. Had a minor problem of loose screws of one pedal solved it by just tidening it. I enjoy riding my KS-16s and hope you experience the fealing of joyful riding.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys :)

It would appear the handle wasn't properly fitted in the first place but the seller has ordered me a replacement.

I haven't yet properly looked at how the handle is removed but hopefully it's a simple matter to replace it once the new one arrives.