Help with kingsong 16s, cannot unlock 12 mph speed on iOS

photorph

On 9/23/2019 at 5:33 AM, 3euc said:

A trolley handle doesn't just snap, unless it is being misused. An extended handled is not intended to carry the full weight of the wheel, just to guide it while rolling when dismounted.

Whoa, hold on there tiger - I can assure you my wheel wasn't being misused :furious:

The handle broke away while in the collapsed position as I attempted to lift the wheel off the floor.

Having spoken to the seller and a few other 16S owners it appears the handle should have been screwed on however this was not the case with my wheel and photographs sent to the seller show this. Fortunately the seller has forwarded my photos to Kingsong and a new handle is in the post. 

@Gasmantle You get bonus points for catching my comment! Then your handle hadn't quite snapped, as you had worded it earlier. To me, snapped means it suddenly broke for no obvious reason. Instead, your handle was apparently not fully installed and broke or separated as a result of improper fastening--totally differently scenario. I was referring to instances where handles are unknowingly used in a way other than intended--such as pulling to the side, or lifting when fully extended, in which case they can break from stress, not because they're weak, but because they weren't designed to be used in such a way.

Did you do some rough riding or have any big drops? Maybe there was a screw that was loose and got even more loose and fell off, which led to the issue. Once in a while, I ride off the curb or experience other abrupt impacts while riding. An occasional drop could be jarring as well. I imagine if a screw was already a tiny bit loose that it could become more loose with certain kinds of riding.

Also, why would a missing handle make it unrideable? I had a Ninebot One C and an E+, each with a handle that had eventually broken off, but I continued riding them anyway--didn't affect the ride at all, just made them more difficult to carry. To think that just a few years ago, EUCs didn't have a trolley handle, just a handle on top, but then again, they were much lighter then, too.

When you receive your replacement handle, here is a video of how to change a King Song 16S handle. If I'm guessing your location right, about 200 miles away is Speedy Feet, where I bought my first four EUCs. Maybe you and Ian could do a how-to video together. I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. selling EUCs in 2015, but thankfully now there is eWheels.

Hi @3euc

Thanks for the link to the video, that could come in handy when I come to replace the handle :)

The break is where the curved handle connects to the uprights, it has completely come away from the uprights and appears to not to have been correctly fitted - once I get the replacement I can compare the old with the new and see what was wrong. The fault occurred in my garden when just picking up the wheel so having checked the area I can confirm there is no missing screws / bolts etc.

The wheel was only 4 days old at the time and I'd only ridden about 30miles not of which was over rough ground and I've had no falls from it.

I'm hoping the replacement will be the complete handle assembly with 2 new uprights that can just be slotted into place.

Edited by Gasmantle