Inmotion V8 after 3 years and 10 000km

Pingouin

On 9/20/2019 at 9:11 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

You should add that you're light as a feather:)

Yeah 60kg ! I checked the axle it's not bent at all. 10 150km now :)

3 hours ago, Sidewalk Enforcer said:

Wow,  did I read that correctly - 10K km and you're still using the oem grip tape on your pedals?

Yes you read me correctly, there is only a little piece of grip that came off after having something scratching it, it's been there since 5500km.
Here is a pic of the pedal.

oXk1sXc.jpg

Edited by Pingouin
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Yes you read me correctly, there is only a little piece of grip that came off after having something scratching it, it's been there since 5500km.
Here is a pic of the pedal.

Outstanding!  Mine only lasted 1500 km before getting all torn up, and I'm not much heavier. That's some bad ass light-touch riding style you have there. Guess I must have shuffley feet or something.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do love mine too, just wish it had more range. 

I have been debating for a while about attempting to build my own 20S-3P or 21700 based battery pack like @alcatraz to increase the range by ~50% with a pound or 2 increase in weight.  Looks like a fair amount of work though, need a battery spot welder (I don't have one and don't need one outside of this project), and need to take care to not electrocute oneself or burn the house down in the process.  So I remain on the fence for now. :-)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

...need a battery spot welder (I don't have one and don't need one outside of this project)...

I used a temperature controlled 110w soldering iron for my 20s3p build. This one keeps the cells cool and works very well...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60-90-110W-110-220V-Electric-Soldering-Iron-Welding-Heat-Gun-6pc-Solder-Iron-Tip-/312809133964?var=&hash=item48d4e0978c

I fitted one of these soldering tips...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Tip-Tip-Welding-900M-T5C-Aoyue-Hakko-Weller-Etc/323928908708?hash=item4b6baae3a4:g:9GcAAOxy4kpQ-ozm

Its safe and won't damage the cells so long as you use good technique and don't let the battery get hot. . Check youtube for videos on how to do this safely.

• Like 1

In china now diy people use small handheld spotwelders that cost 10-15usd. They are crude but seem to work.

On a budget it's best is to use battery operated spot welders. My cheap mains operated kept blowing the home's main fuse. For a split second cheap ones pull like 40A @  220V. Not all homes can supply this.

45 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

For a split second cheap ones pull like 40A @  220V. Not all homes can supply this.

Wow i didn't expect that!  I did just happen to put in a 240V 50A plug in my garage for a 175A mig/tig/arc welder-- long time desire to learn to weld, but there are smaller welders that can use 120V/20A outlets that weld things much heavier duty than thin nickel strips.

Edited by Blueblade
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have more than 15.000 km with V8..but in one about 1 year and i have now 4 inmotion V8.. 2 working and 2 i use spare baterry because i ride almost 100 km every day 😁

The only one i start with 0 km i buy it in 17 October and after 40 days i was having 3000 km already 🤣🤣🤣

Now it have 6000.

But i have few complains about V8

Outer sheels,they are quite strong but still not enough..all my wheels have broken side sheels.

Another thing is pedals..they dont stay up anymore and it stay flat not at V angle.

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2019 at 11:54 PM, alcatraz said:

In china now diy people use small handheld spotwelders that cost 10-15usd. They are crude but seem to work.

On a budget it's best is to use battery operated spot welders. My cheap mains operated kept blowing the home's main fuse. For a split second cheap ones pull like 40A @  220V. Not all homes can supply this.

is this what ur talking about

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handheld-Welding-Soldering-Machine-18650-32650-Li-ion-Battery-Spot-Welder-4500ma/392628914099?hash=item5b6a81c7b3:g:9O8AAOSw7oleFClD

Did you own an 18 inch wheel?  Kingsong 18L?  The 18L was so much better for me than the V8.  Speed was a big factor as was softer ride because of the bigger 18 inch wheel.  Hard for me to imagine someone would prefer the V8 over the 18L.  For the me the 18L was so much better.

• 3 weeks later...

My V8 has almost 2000 miles and I thought it was a lot! I use mine to go to work, gym, groceries, you name it. I like the size, weight, design... The range is okay for me. I just wish it was faster. I thought about buying the V8F but I might wait for V11 reviews.