Should I buy an s2

ninepeach

27 minutes ago, ninepeach said:

Hello! i am new to this forum but i was wondering if the ninebot s2 is a good vehicle. I am looking for something that can go at least 5 miles a day and isnt too heavy. also has anybody had experience learning to ride it? thanks!

Ninebot S2 is an "outdated"/old underpowered wheel.

But if you prefer a light wheel and can cope with "low" speeds/accelerations and by this lower safety margins it could be a great wheel.

Many of us started with a wheel like this or even less powerfull und we were excited - times changed and by now it's outdated. If weight is the most important for you it could fit. But you have to accept/live with it's limits and ride accordingly or faceplant.

Ps.: The price has to he low enough for choosing it!

Edited by Chriull

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

Ninebot S2 is an "outdated"/old underpowered wheel.

But if you prefer a light wheel and can cope with "low" speeds/accelerations and by this lower safety margins it could be a great wheel.

Many of us started with a wheel like this or even less powerfull und we were excited - times changed and by now it's outdated. If weight is the most important for you it could fit. But you have to accept/live with it's limits and ride accordingly or faceplant.

Ps.: The price has to he low enough for choosing it!

do you know of a newer electric unicycle under $500 dollars?

• Like 1

Looks like an Inmotion V5F can currently be had for $370 from Gearbest (China site) if you order it with the EU plug (you only need to buy a $5 power cable with a US plug to use the charger):

https://www.gearbest.com/scooters-wheels/pp_009603248598.html?wid=1433363

Or maybe there are other good sources for a V5F which is the only price competition to the old ass Ninebots like the S2/E+. But for $300-350 max (I wouldn't pay more for a new one) the S2 is ok, too.

The V5F is arguably the better wheel.

Do NOT underestimate how much better newer wheels are (S2 is very old and V5F is old too). Either you spend more (if you can, unfortunately the more you spend with EUCs, the disproportionately better they get with the nearly most expensive wheels being the best bang for the buck), or there are often really nice used wheel offers that will give you so much more return for your money. For example, around $500 would be a normal price (as far as I can tell) for a good used Inmotion V8 or maybe $550-600 for a good used Kingsong 14D, both of which are already another level up from the V5F (and S2).

So check out the 2nd sales sales forum here.

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks like an Inmotion V5F can currently be had for $370 from Gearbest (China site) if you order it with the EU plug (you only need to buy a $5 power cable with a US plug to use the charger):

https://www.gearbest.com/scooters-wheels/pp_009603248598.html?wid=1433363

Or maybe there are other good sources for a V5F which is the only price competition to the old ass Ninebots like the S2/E+. But for $300-350 max (I wouldn't pay more for a new one) the S2 is ok, too.

The V5F is arguably the better wheel.

Do NOT underestimate how much better newer wheels are (S2 is very old and V5F is old too). Either you spend more (if you can, unfortunately the more you spend with EUCs, the disproportionately better they get with the nearly most expensive wheels being the best bang for the buck), or there are often really nice used wheel offers that will give you so much more return for your money. For example, around $500 would be a normal price (as far as I can tell) for a good used Inmotion V8 or maybe $550-600 for a good used Kingsong 14D, both of which are already another level up from the V5F (and S2).

So check out the 2nd sales sales forum here.

thank you! I will definitely check those out!

I have a S2 and like it a lot, but it is not the most handy, lacking a trolley and lights. The V5F on promotion is (IMO) the best light / cheap starter wheel. It will be enough to cover your 5 miles for years. The only « issue » with starter wheels is that most of us get bitten by the bug and end up buying a much more beefy wheel just months later. Not that the 500w wheel don’t do the job (ie your 5 miles) but you could want more range, speed, power.