A good way to shorten velcro straps?

Bought some Leatt Dual Axis knee pads and followed their sizing chart and ordered what I thought would be the best fit. And they fit really well, apart from the calf strap that is way too long and doesn't run Velcro along the whole length of it for some reason.

Looking online I have found posts from other people who say they have had the same problem, they buy one size and the straps are too short - go to the next size up and the straps are too long!

I'm loathe to try the size down because I think they would be far too tight on my legs. So was wondering of a decent safe way to shorten the Velcro straps without resorting to needed a sewing machine! :) Cheers

I’d imagine theirs isn’t the full length of the strap due to them using elastic in the band. 

For a permanent fix I’d sow on some Velcro in the area you’d want it. 

For a temporary fix you can probably bunch up some of the elastic and then safety pin it and use the original Velcro (Id probably pin through the Velcro for additional reinforcement). 

If I was feeling lazy I might just hot glue and/or fabric glue the bunched up strap instead of sewing on new Velcro 

• Like 1

Ohhh!  Yes that's so obvious why Velcro doesn't run the length of it....I should have realised that. I actually did some googling and found there is a shop not far from me that does garment alterations. I gave them a call and they said they can do the necessary tweaks for me :)