Trouble upgrading KS16x firmware from 1.05 to 1.06

Reggie510

Hey folks -- I've been having trouble upgrading from the version 1.05 firmware to the 1.06 firmware. I had a very unintentional overlean a few weeks ago that I'm still recovering from, and I specifically want the throttling that happens in 1.06.

I've upgraded the firmware to from the initial factory setting to 1.05, so I know the process for doing that (lying on its side, horizontal calibration afterward), etc. However, I can't seem to get the wheel to upgrade to 1.06. I've tried at least 10 times. I basically get stuck at this screen where it just whirs and whirs and whirs (I once left it there for more than 30 minutes).

mAU2Pqq.png

At this point, I'm really at a loss for what to do. Is there a way for me to install the firmware via USB? Or at the very least is there a way for me to perform a factory reset so that I can try upgrading the firmware from that point? @US69, perhaps you have some guidance here? Thanks!

@Reggie510 I would try switching back and forth between wifi and cellular data. And then possibly at different times of the day, hoping that I hit it when kingsong's servers aren't too busy. If those fail, I have no clue.  When I went to 1.05 it was late at night MST on strong wifi, on iOS app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

@Reggie510 I would try switching back and forth between wifi and cellular data. And then possibly at different times of the day, hoping that I hit it when kingsong's servers aren't too busy. If those fail, I have no clue.  When I went to 1.05 it was late at night MST on strong wifi, on iOS app.

Thanks - I've tried both on Wifi and cellular data at different times of the day... I'm wondering if the upgrade fails the first time you try, you just get stuck at this place where it doesn't want to upgrade anymore. I'm not sure :/