You can be proud you drive an EV and not contributing to the oil wars.

DanCar

I'm hoping that Saudi Arabian oil production gets completely shut down, and that Iranian oil suffers under the present embargo. The Middle East is a terribly expensive place to be involved in, with all the dirty pollution, wars, and terrorist attacks (9/11 terrorists were almost all Saudis).

Now you say using a PEV doesn't burn oil, but we all use plastics to an enormous degree. Plastic is essentially solid oil, and a waste/byproduct of the gas and diesel production process; hence plastic products are cheap yet highly pollutive.

It'd be my fondest Christmas present to see gas go above $10 a gallon. While there are always unforeseen side effects, remaking our society to use less gas and pollute less seems like a wonderful idea.

For all those who use SUVs and trucks; if my subcompact car can tow a fully loaded 5 by 8 uhaul trailer down the highway at 70+ mph at 2300 rpm, while still getting 24 mpg, and do it all with no problem, then you can get with the program.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My electricity comes from coal. I can be proud Im supporting the hard working men and women in the coal and train industry? Sadly, if i wasnt aimlessly riding my euc, I'd be riding my computer or couch, therefore: my euc is contributing to the use of fossil fuels, more than if i didnt have one. I wont even try to fathom the impact that mining lithium has.  As for subcompact vehicles pulling heavy trailers... just be sure its capable of the rolling load and more importantly.. STOPPING. WHen i tow a heavy trailer with a light vehicle, I tend to get issues with sway and emergency stopping power. My daily is a 34mpg '92 camry, but i also have a 4wd truck. You CANT live around my hood without 4wd and a pickup bed. I agree about all these city dwelling white collar people in their uber expensive suv's. Dont worry, the oil will run out eventually and we'll ALL be forced to be more responsible.