KS18L green battery indication lights

Cumulus Libre

Hello, 

this sounds a bit stupid I reckon, but I have my KS18L for a year, since the beginning I am not using the LED's schemes , I remember that I have activated those.. 

over the weekend I wanted to get back the Green LED indicator for the battery status.. 

But I can't seem to find it anywhere in the new app? I can put all color schemes on , like the spectra etc.. but how do you just switch on the green lights that shows how much your batteries are charged? 

BTW I had also various issues with the bluetooth on and off messages each time I switched on or of the mobile, but that one I easily resolved by reading a few topics about it.. 

cheers

CL

I tried yesterday on 16X to find out what AMBIENT and SPECTRA is. Ambient seems to be the play of light while driving. So not a music addict!
Spectra is probably the music lightshow.
When I stood still, I was able to test all Spectra Styles for a short time and they all worked as expected. When I deactivated the Spectra switch, the battery indicator came up and all the LEDs lit up constantly green according to the battery level.
When I reactivated Spectra, nothing happened. I can't get the Spectra Music light show to work anymore and as soon as I stop the battery status is displayed with green LEDs. I don't get it either and suspect a software error. Only the ambience lighting works reasonable and reproducible.

9 hours ago, Cumulus Libre said:

over the weekend I wanted to get back the Green LED indicator for the battery status..

On the 18XL (and I'm presuming it's the same with the L), the LEDs only indicate battery when you're stopped; when in movement, they provide the "disco light show" of your choice (as per app settings). If you aren't a fan or the "light show" , you can switch the LED strips off, but that will also disable battery indication. 

From what I hear, you can enter the "ambient" settings and set all colours to black, and you still get the battery indication but no "light show". I haven't tried, I keep the LED strips on, (I'd rather  be as visible as possible and look like a funky Xmas tree than not be seen by a car). 

9 hours ago, buell47 said:

Spectra is probably the music lightshow.
When I stood still, I was able to test all Spectra Styles for a short time and they all worked as expected. When I deactivated the Spectra switch, the battery indicator came up and all the LEDs lit up constantly green according to the battery level.
When I reactivated Spectra, nothing happened.

Spectra mode (I know... Sounds like they're having a good laugh at us...), in theory, is only activated when you're playing music (either via Bluetooth or a USB stick). The app gives you a preview of the different modes when you cycle through them, but not when activating/deactivating Spectra. 

As to battery level with Spectra on, battery level isn't displayed as long as you're playing music, even if stationary (I guess some people like the idea of a flashy, multicolor BT speaker). To see your battery level, your either have to pause music or disconnect, I'm not sure which one (I don't tend to play music through the wheel's speakers, unless it's for comedic purposes > Jetsons/X-wing/tractor audio on a loop) 😂

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

Thanks, but Garrie Lim answered already on Facebook. Now I know all is working fine. 

23 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I don't tend to play music through the wheel's speakers, unless it's for comedic purposes > Jetsons/X-wing/tractor audio on a loop)

As soon as I am among people I switch off the music, because I don't want to bother anyone with my taste in music. :efee612b4b:

But if I ride alone through the woods the music makes me more relaxed and my driving style gets better. Driving around all the obstacles to the beat of the music is simply ingenious and an additional challenge. :thumbup:

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, buell47 said:

As soon as I am among people I switch off the music, because I don't want to bother anyone with my taste in music. 

Yeah, good thinking. There are still a lot of people who are against  anti-electric-thingies, so better not give people any extra reasons to hate us

17 hours ago, buell47 said:

if I ride alone through the woods the music makes me more relaxed and my driving style gets better. Driving around all the obstacles to the beat of the music is simply ingenious and an additional challenge. 

I can definitely second that! It's great fun! :)

Although I use in-helmet speakers. With my full face helmet on and when riding fast, the music on the wheel has to be pretty loud for me to hear it...so it must be more annoying to others than one thinks. With in-helmet speakers you get much better quality audio,  and navigation and WheelLog riding stats are channelled through there too, which is super convenient :)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1