KS16S firmware update problem.

Gasmantle

Hi all,

I'm a bit lost when it comes to technology so I'm hoping someone can help out.

My 16S app today suggested I update to a later firmware, I have no idea what that means but I agreed to it - now after about 3hrs my phone still says it is uploading and I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Can someone please put my mind at rest that I'm not uploading something that will ruin my wheel - There was nothing wrong with it before the update prompt so quite why I need an update is beyond me. What is the update likely to do and does it usually take hours to upload?

I've only had the wheel 4 days and the last thing I need is some techno problem that means nothing to me :(

Firmware update is just something normal for EUC... it deliver new functions and fix bugs... It takes about 15 minutes, so 3h is really a lot... Your phone should be near (less then 1m) from your wheel during update... If it doesn't work just close and reopen app on your phone, it should recover and continue with update...

• Like 1

Gasmantle, have you register your wheel yet? If not, I suggest you do. You will find that once you have registered, firmware update, setting speed. etc, will be a lot easier and straight forward. 

Open the Kingsong App, go to device setting, follow the prompt, take it from there.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks Tom,

I've been in a right mess with it for a few hours as it tilted the pedals but wouldn't allow me to level them, I'd been using the calibration button from a list of settings in a menu but it had absolutely no effect - eventually I noticed another calibration button on the bottom of a different page, it took me to the same 'confirm' page as the first button but did work this time.

Thankfully all seems ok now after a very short ride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pengloong said:

Gasmantle, have you register your wheel yet? If not, I suggest you do. You will find that once you have registered, firmware update, setting speed. etc, will be a lot easier and straight forward. 

Open the Kingsong App, go to device setting, follow the prompt, take it from there.

Good luck.

Thanks @pengloong I havent yet registered it but will do that now.

At the moment it says it is V1.08 and seems to be ok now but is it anything I should worry about?

V1.08 is about right. I am not sure but think I may be on V1.09. I can check tomorrow. When updating, always ensure your phone is near the wheel. Do play with the LED lights to see which option you prefer.

KS16S is a nice and wheel, nothing you should be too concern about if you are happy with your pedal calibration level. I have mind calibrated at minus 0.3 degree, pedals slightly tilted front upwards as I live in a hilly area. It helps with acceleration.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pengloong said:

V1.08 is about right. I am not sure but think I may be on V1.09. I can check tomorrow. When updating, always ensure your phone is near the wheel. Do play with the LED lights to see which option you prefer.

KS16S is a nice and wheel, nothing you should be too concern about if you are happy with your pedal calibration level. I have mind calibrated at minus 0.3 degree, pedals slightly tilted front upwards as I live in a hilly area. It helps with acceleration.

Thanks, its late at night so I've only has a 5 minute test ride but all seems ok.

I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to technology - I have nothing against computers etc but wish manufacturers wouldn't keep updating things when everything is already fine. It seems to me nowadays everything has to be updated every few months for no real reason.

Glad to hear it is now working well for you. I have just checked, I am currently on Firmware V1.09. Like you, I am not good with technology either, must be our age !!!!! I do not always upgrade  new firmware when released and have at times skipped several versions but I read that new firmware fixes bugs, etc. ???? 

I have been riding my KS 16S for well over two years now and I still get a lot of pleasure from it. Touch wood, no issue with the wheel or the Kingsong App. 

ENJOY!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pengloong said:

Glad to hear it is now working well for you. I have just checked, I am currently on Firmware V1.09. Like you, I am not good with technology either, must be our age !!!!! I do not always upgrade  new firmware when released and have at times skipped several versions but I read that new firmware fixes bugs, etc. ???? 

I have been riding my KS 16S for well over two years now and I still get a lot of pleasure from it. Touch wood, no issue with the wheel or the Kingsong App. 

ENJOY!

Thanks, I've had another ride for about 15 mins and it seems to be ok.

I was getting a bit worried last night as I've got a friend coming over from Guernsey to stay for a few days (I'm in UK), he's never seen an EUC before but was keen to see mine and maybe have a try. I thought I'm going to look a right clown when he gets here and I say my 4 day old super dooper wheel doesn't work :(