Photo - Gotway MCM4 vs King Song 14 inch 800W physical comparison

John Eucist

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/26/2015, 12:59:10, unicycle distribution said:

KS,in china,NO one ride it,very less peopel user KS.

LOL, that why Gotway released a crappy mcm4 app with bugs all over the place. What happened to product QC before release? If this was a real product it would be smashed away in the marketplace. EUCS still have a long way to go however. King song has proved to own it in every aspect. This is an international forum, so what does it matter that chinese users do not ride KS? Could care less, as well as every mcm4 purchaser 

1 hour ago, 1kw said:

LOL, that why Gotway released a crappy mcm4 with bugs all over the place. King song has proved to own it in every aspect. This is an international forum, so what does it matter that chinese users do not ride KS? Could care less, as long as every mcm4 purchaser 

呵呵

1 hour ago, 1kw said:

LOL, that why Gotway released a crappy mcm4 with bugs all over the place. King song has proved to own it in every aspect. This is an international forum, so what does it matter that chinese users do not ride KS? Could care less, as long as every mcm4 purchaser 

I'm wrong. Is the world, not just china. Can look at the FB, other countries of the players video. KS? Really think that he is the king?

On 10/31/2015, 7:05:54, 1kw said:

LOL, that why Gotway released a crappy mcm4 app with bugs all over the place. What happened to product QC before release? If this was a real product it would be smashed away in the marketplace. EUCS still have a long way to go however. King song has proved to own it in every aspect. This is an international forum, so what does it matter that chinese users do not ride KS? Could care less, as well as every mcm4 purchaser 

Apparently, Kingsong also has a very buggy app. But so far, it cannot be corrected by just a software update.

@NevNutzWhat's the point of going 40 km/h with a 14 inches unicycle? Want to kill yourself?

I've been riding racing motorbikes when I was younger. The reason why I stopped was because the more miles you do the higher the likelihood that you get into a situation which could potentially cost your life. These dangerous situations often come from the combination of high driven speed, too high self-confidence and sudden unexpected driving mistakes of other traffic participants.

26 minutes ago, Susanne Pasewalk said:

@NevNutzWhat's the point of going 40 km/h with a 14 inches unicycle? Want to kill yourself?

I've been riding racing motorbikes when I was younger. The reason why I stopped was because the more miles you do the higher the likelihood that you get into a situation which could potentially cost your life. These dangerous situations often come from the combination of high driven speed, too high self-confidence and sudden unexpected driving mistakes of other traffic participants.

Well said and I agree with you about ACTUALLY riding 40 km/h on a euc or a motorbike at faster speeds.  However, sometimes people want a wheel that can do 40 km/h without motor shutdown JUST to ride it at around UNDER 30 km/h (bicycle speed).  It's important to have a large safety buffer from the actual motor shutdown limits of a wheel.

Some people treat EUC's  as motor vehicles which is not the way it is intended to be. But even cars which already has 4 wheels have so many safety implementations like airbags and seat belts due to the inherent dangers associated with a moving vehicle. People should realize that EUC's are mainly intended for fun and leisure. That is why in China, EUC's speed limit is strictly set to maximum of 20kph. 

8 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

But even cars which already has 4 wheels have so many safety implementations like airbags and seat belts due to the inherent dangers associated with a moving vehicle.

However, cars typically go 100 km/h on freeways and capable of going over 200 km/h.

That is why in China, EUC's speed limit is strictly set to maximum of 20kph. 

There is no such rule in China. :D

Just now, John Eucist said:

However, cars typically go 100 km/h on freeways and capable of going over 200 km/h.

There is no such rule in China. :D

I was misinformed by my seller then. :D He said it is illegal to go above 20kph.

1 wheel x 4 x 25 kph = 100 kph ^_^. I still prefer riding my car above 100 kph anytime. :D

10 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I was misinformed by my seller then. :D He said it is illegal to go above 20kph.

He probably said that to justify why the wheel he is trying to sell is so slow.  :P  Whenever I ride my KS14-800W it is not uncommon for me to go around 25-29 km/h even though it's supposed to go up to 41 km/h before a guaranteed motor shutdown.  In reality it is likely to shut down at lower than 41 km/h due to all kinds of variables like how hard you lean, angle of slope, bumps and holes on the road.  I just like a wheel that is capable of going at typical bicycle speeds and doing it safely without risk of a motor shutdown.

Just now, SlowMo said:

I'm thinking of buying the KS14C 500w 340wh. I would use it only for fun. Would it be good enough for me? Also, when is the right time to buy since I am hearing about the bluetooth issue?

A 500W KS14 is fine as long as you don't intend to ride over 20 km/h.  I'm not sure what bluetooth issue you're referring to though.

Actually I have gotten the "illegal device" warning before but I thought it was due to not having had the proper authorization code entered into the app.  I forgot if that was the cause or whether it was due to not using the latest version of the app.  I updated the app and the problem went away.  This was like a couple months back though.

2 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Actually I have gotten the "illegal device" warning before but I thought it was due to not having had the proper authorization code entered into the app.  I forgot if that was the cause or whether it was due to not using the latest version of the app.  I updated the app and the problem went away.  This was like a couple months back though.

Now both the MCM4 and the KS units have software problems. I hope the latest GW app would release the MCM4's potential and I might consider buying it instead. We are waiting for your expert review. @John Eucist:D

2 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Now both the MCM4 and the KS units have software problems. I hope the latest GW app would release the MCM4's potential and I might consider buying it instead. We are waiting for your expert review. @John Eucist:D

MCM4, at the highest speed tilt-back setting, tilts back at 20 km/h (inflated to "24 km/h" in the app).  In a lift test the motor shuts at 28 km/h ("33 km/h" in app).  With KS14-800W the motor shuts at 41 km/h in the same lift test.  Tilt can be programmed in at as high as 32 km/h with the app.  These are the hard figures.  I don't want to burn any bridges but I'll just say that I am not keeping my MCM4.

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

MCM4, at the highest speed tilt-back setting, tilts back at 20 km/h (inflated to "24 km/h" in the app).  In a lift test the motor shuts at 28 km/h ("33 km/h" in app).  With KS14-800W the motor shuts at 41 km/h in the same lift test.  Tilt can be programmed in at as high as 32 km/h with the app.  These are the hard figures.  I don't want to burn any bridges but I'll just say that I am not keeping my MCM4.

What about your opinion regarding the IPS Zero which has a limit of 30 kph?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4 novembre 2015 06:50:15, John Eucist said:

Well said and I agree with you about ACTUALLY riding 40 km/h on a euc or a motorbike at faster speeds.  However, sometimes people want a wheel that can do 40 km/h without motor shutdown JUST to ride it at around UNDER 30 km/h (bicycle speed).  It's important to have a large safety buffer from the actual motor shutdown limits of a wheel.

I completly agree with JOHN , the buffer  is the key , i did  compare the buffer of mcm4 and KS 14C .... There is no comparaison ... Hope people can understand the difference soon 

The motor shutdow at 41 if you check in the APP .... Mean you can drive safe on a real 30 kbh , the buffer is so hight comparete the MCM4 

On November 3, 2015 at 21:38:26, Susanne Pasewalk said:

How did I get pulled into this? I was checking on fact vs. over stated km/h I told by a KS owner the the 18 in only goes 25km/h not 40km/h like some are advertising. And by the way. I don't riding 40km/h. I tend not to push the limit on my Msuper.

Archived