Can't attach more pictures...

....can't attach pics anymore :confused1:

Need Moderator help @Unventor @Marty Backe :o

You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post.Manage Attachments to free up space.

How can manage my attachments and why I have no Space???

I see this. You have used 23.55 MB of your 41.02 MB attachment limit.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, buell47 said:

....can't attach pics anymore :confused1:

Need Moderator help @Unventor @Marty Backe :o

You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post.Manage Attachments to free up space.

How can manage my attachments and why I have no Space???

I see this. You have used 23.55 MB of your 41.02 MB attachment limit.

The Forum has minimal space allocated for attachments. You are supposed to link to photographs hosted on your accounts elsewhere. That's what we all do.

This forum isn't meant to store images, the attachment functionality is just a small extra (you have like 40MB or so). Use an image host for a serious number of pictures.

Apparently there's also a limit for how many pictures hosted here you can have in a post. The solution is the same - an external image host.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Forum has minimal space allocated for attachments. You are supposed to link to photographs hosted on your accounts elsewhere. That's what we all do.

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This forum isn't meant to store images, the attachment functionality is just a small extra (you have like 40MB or so). Use an image host for a serious number of pictures.

ah okay, but how can I delete old pictures to free up my space? Or impossible because there will be deleted in the old posts also?

6 minutes ago, buell47 said:

ah okay, but how can I delete old pictures to free up my space? Or impossible because there will be deleted in the old posts also?

Not sure if you can delete attachments (the site admin can). And yes, they would disappear from all posts where you used them.

I use imgbb.com. Quick and easy, account optional. Just paste a direct link to the picture (forget the embed options) and it will appear in any post.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling

Stuff like Dropbox or Google Photos often fails because the permissions for the image must be set to public in some way. And sometimes it just seems buggy and convoluted.

A site meant to be an image host is probably the easiest and quickest to use. https://imgbb.com/ for example.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure if you can delete attachments (the site admin can). And yes, they would disappear from all posts where you used them.

I use imgbb.com. Quick and easy, account optional. Just paste a direct link to the picture (forget the embed options) and it will appear in any post.

i have tried a number of image hosting sites before and they never seem to work.... tried every link from multiple sites last time and none would show so i resorted to just shrinking the images in MS paint lmao... im gonna try again.. yup just tried every link the URL bar in "insert other media" just goes red and wont let me insert

edit: this is what i get... no matter what link from what site i paste all i ever get is a red bar... i remember this function used to work for me but hasnt for a long time....

Screenshot (78).png

Edited by Rywokast

Thanks for this, I've just uploaded some photos to the forum for the first time so its kinda answered a question I was about to ask.

I normally use Flickr to host images for another forum I'm a member of and never had any problem with their site so it may be worth a try.

Edited by Gasmantle

28 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i have tried a number of image hosting sites before and they never seem to work.... tried every link from multiple sites last time and none would show so i resorted to just shrinking the images in MS paint lmao... im gonna try again.. yup just tried every link the URL bar in "insert other media" just goes red and wont let me insert

Unfortunately this forum does NOT like these shortened/share URLs (because it expects an actual image, not an imagehost website meant to display the image and God knows what else). If you post (simply paste) the full URL, it works.

Unfortunately, image hosts hide the full URLs like state secrets because then the image just gets displayed, but clicking on it will do nothing (as opposed to bringing you to the image host site).

So you have to wring the real image URL out of their grabby hands and manually paste it.

Example:

Pasting this will simply give you a link. This is the "link" they give you.

But pasting the actual full URL (hotlinking)

will produce the image (for the above quote, I manually had to make it appear as text link), like this (try coping and pasting this link into one of your posts and see):

x.jpg

In this case, I visited the first link and used "copy image address" from right clicking on the image displayed on imbgg to get the real URL.

It's a bitch on mobile, but that applies to lots of this page:mellow:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Unfortunately this forum does NOT like these shortened/share URLs (because it expects an actual image, not an imagehost website meant to display the image and God knows what else). If you post (simply paste) the full URL, it works.

Unfortunately, image hosts hide the full URLs like state secrets because then the image just gets displayed, but clicking on it will do nothing (as opposed to bringing you to the image host site).

So you have to wring the real image URL out of their grabby hands and manually paste it.

Example:

Pasting this will simply give you a link. This is the "link" they give you.

But pasting the actual full URL (hotlinking)

will produce the image (for the above quote, I manually had to make it appear as text link), like this (try coping and pasting this link into one of your posts and see):

x.jpg

In this case, I visited the first link and used "copy image address" from right clicking on the image displayed on imbgg to get the real URL.

It's a bitch on mobile, but that applies to lots of this page:mellow:

James-Olstein-Memes-ca67c15d-2068-43fa-b

thanks! that worked perfectly.. yea no option for shortened link so just have to copy the actual image address yourself.. youre right, that is a bitch on mobile xD but great to know

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Like @Marty Backe I use Flickr (www.flickr.com) and they have a "share" option for every image, which provides you with the magic URL...

• Like 3