King Song 16X - mods thread

EUC Custom Power-Pads

A question - my partner and I have supposedly both experienced the wobbles (14d and 16x), usually close to a beep. For me it felt like the tire had suddenly gone flat. Is this an overpowering symptom? 

I thought I'd ask here to keep 16x related stuff in one place. I imagine posts for the 16x are diminishing :(

On 2/6/2023 at 5:07 AM, Uras said:

Is this an overpowering symptom? 

No. Overpowering the wheel makes the pedals dip forward. It is easy to do on the 16X near the top speed though, so be careful.

Wobbles are almost always rider induced. Foot positioning, tired feet, or lack of experience. Try to have your feet and legs relaxed while riding and the wobbles will probably not present themselves.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

No. Overpowering the wheel makes the pedals dip forward. It is easy to do on the 16X near the top speed though, so be careful.

Wobbles are almost always rider induced. Foot positioning, tired feet, or lack of experience. Try to have your feet and legs relaxed while riding and the wobbles will probably not present themselves.

It didn't feel like wobbles - more like the tire just sliding over stuff, like the tire was flat, or I'd hit ice. Smooth, no wobbles. Or like sometimes when the tire tracks on something. I get a similar sensation on some particular wet grass - the wheel rides like it's on ice. I only had it the once when I was riding fast (well 37kmh, I normally go much slower. I do get some minor wobbles now and then, but never enough to bother me. 

I may have just tracked on something - it's nothing I saw though. It could have been the pedals dipping forward - I imagine that would be a strange sensation too.

Edited by Uras

• 4 weeks later...