buell47

King Song 16X - mods thread

10 hours ago, Jeff Earl said:

Tire Pressure Monitoring for the 16X

Nice mod Jeff! I love ingenuity!

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Since a couple of days I have been worried about extreme annoying booming noises/vibrations when braking hard or accelerating fast. Today I was able to locate the problem. 

It's the trolley handle that causes the noise and vibration. Additionally I had to find out that the cheap screws were almost falling out. Since a reasonable tightening of these screws is hardly possible, I exchanged them immediately with Allen screws and secured them with Loctite. But this does not solve the vibration problem completely, because the screws are loosened by the vibrations, because the handle has a lot of play even when locked in place.

The solution is quite easy, just a piece of foam rubber at both ends and the rattling is already quiet. 

Nice! Do you know the dimensions of the bolts you used? No problems yet, but I may just go ahead and replace them as well!

I used my KS-16X in the rain today, I protected the top with plastic so it would get soaked. But right now the ON/OFF button is not working, Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

1 hour ago, Leonardo Deleon said:

I used my KS-16X in the rain today, I protected the top with plastic so it would get soaked. But right now the ON/OFF button is not working, Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Just follow my suggestions. Remove the sides of the housing and dry it with a hair dryer. Remove the water from the Power button if possible.
After that don't ride in the rain or where dust and dirt is, or follow my first post. Thats it. :efefe00999:

Weatherproofing aside, I also plan on improving the offroad-worthyness of my 16x. Tried out some super steep hillocks and deep carving and didn't like how the big pedals hit the ground so easily. Can anyone who has spare pedals lying around help me check if there are other cross-compatible pedals?

On 10/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, Tinkererboi said:

Can anyone who has spare pedals lying around help me check if there are other cross-compatible pedals?

The short answer is... No.

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The short answer is... No.

So did you mean No or no?

6 hours ago, fryman said:

So did you mean No or no?

I mean yes and no...

Yes I have spare pedals and no they aren't cross-compatible. 

Great info.  I might want to seal up the important areas you highlighted.  I do mainly on-road but I have a lot of dust all over the rear end on the unit.  I can see how it could easily get dust inside.  Thanks for the pics and guide!