Ninebot one S1 prone to tumble/dance around when falling in just the right way?

Roland

So I had the bright Idea to buy a used Ninebot one S1 on ebay for my vacation in the US.

So far so good the Wheel works well - the battery has lost some power because it was stored at 100% but about 21km range is still very good and learning to drive slow (to conserve energy) is a usefull skill to have. 
Unfortunately I have stumbled over a problem this specific wheel seems to have. 
Because of the light weight and the very symetrical body it can fall in a way that keeps it wandering around while the electronic tries to decide if there is no driver on it. 
This now happened 3 times to me and so far always in places where there was a potential for cars or persons to get hurt or touched / scrached. 

The only solution seems to be a rope on the handle that leads to the belt. 

Any other suggestions or hints how to solve that problem?

thanks for any kind of help!

Roland

p.s.
This wheel will stay in the US - It is intended that my nephew and my brother can use it when I am not around.

(Sorry if that problem had its own thread before could not find it but please move it there if nessesary )

Edited by Roland
typo

• Roland changed the title to Ninebot one S1 prone to tumble/dance around when falling in just the right way?
On 9/14/2019 at 2:01 AM, Roland said:

The only solution seems to be a rope on the handle that leads to the belt

I go often with a safety belt from the handle to my leg - just right above my knee - because I don't want to loose none of my EUC. Sometimes I go just near a river by the bank and one day, after a jump off, my S2 nearly fell into the river. Another day it began to roll down a steep hill turning round and round and jumping and did not stop until it ran into a group of bushes. Big good luck! It also could have run onto a street or into a house or against some people! Also I don't want to roll my Z10 away, when having an accident or making a failure whilst driving it, as it happened here at 0:35:

Edited by Werner

Yeah. The thing is it can even start from a very low speed.

Basicly you jump of and the wheel starts to spin up.

This sudden build up in energy then leads to this dance. One time I was driving slowly on the walkway next to a wall. I had to jump of and did not catch the wheel. Next to me was the street. The wheel danced about 10 feet or more directly onto the street. Cars had to stop while I retrieved the wheel.

Yes I really got lucky that it did not go into a car. Again speed was not the problem.

I just had to step of and bamm there it goes ... Of course most of the times you catch it or stop it.

But yeah not a good experience when it goes out of control and you have to be lucky it does not go into cars...  sigh ... 

I guess I will have to use a rope or maybe a weight on the the top? I will have to experiment ...

I use this one 20190916_125100.thumb.jpg.c4a1612a36655655b1cb220fa05ef998.jpg

It has a builtin rubberband, so it's never hanging down loose.

You also can use a rope or any belt, which you can hold with your hand. That will beware your wheel from running away or falling down. 

Edited by Werner