Is this brand new MCM5 shipping from houston for $600 legit?

photorph

4 minutes ago, greentung said:

MCM5 is not a good learning wheel. I've taught friends on all my wheels and the mten3 was the easiest for beginners. The MCM5 was the hardest for them. 

why was MCM5 the hardest? 

9 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

The battery size ranges from 320 to 420; I wouldn't consider buying this wheel under any circumstances unless it has the 800 battery. Powerful wheels require big batteries.

420 wh 84v is 700 ish, vs the 800wh is double the price.  

The wider 3" mten3 tire help beginners stay on the wheel longer at low speed. Beginners try to go as slow as they can for fear of falling over at speed. The longer they can stay on the wheel the faster they seem to pick up balancing on the unicycle. The MCM5's 2.125" wide tire takes a bit of skill to ride at slow speed. 

@chrisjunlee has an MCM5 800wh for sale for $800 if you want to go that route. 

Edited by greentung
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, greentung said:

The wider 3" mten3 tire help beginners stay on the wheel longer at low speed. Beginners to try to go as slow as they can for fear of falling over at speed. The longer they can stay on the wheel the faster they seem to pick up balancing on the unicycle. The MCM5's 2.125" wide tire takes a bit of skill to ride at slow speed. 

@chrisjunlee has an MCM5 800wh for sale for $800 if you want to go that route. 

Yea I've been talking to him, but $800 is a bit above what I want to spend for a trainer wheel for other people.  But if he agrees to $700 shipped I'm game haha, that's still more than a new 420 wh MCM5 which is selling for $680.  

7 hours ago, photorph said:

why was MCM5 the hardest? 

We teach people all the time and the learnings that we have are as follow;

• 14" (or less) wheels are harder to learn on, as they are more agile / squirelly (which isn't great for learning)
  • 18" wheels can be too heavy, depending on the rider.

So a 16" wheel would be a good compromise if you can find something suitable.

• Wider tyres are handy, as that tends to reduce the "wobbling" that new riders can have.
  • Lower tyre air pressure also helps, as with a wider tyre, giving a bigger footprint, giving more stability.

And of course, you need to assess the rider... adjusting their ride based on rider weight, agility, et cetera...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

We teach people all the time and the learnings

I would love to see some of your training videos and the techniques used. Do you present your trainees with an award certificate  (or a brand new wheel) after completing their training?

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

I would love to see some of your training videos and the techniques used. Do you present your trainees with an award certificate  (or a brand new wheel) after completing their training?

Yes, we have two training options;

• Free - and we try not to kell you.
  • NZ$5000 - and you get a free EUC of your choice from our available stock (whether or not we kill you).

Oh, and either way, we throw in an EUC Bodyguard at 1/3 off.  Because we're good like that!   ;)

I do try to capture a video of most riders within the first half hour or so (when they are at that comical "flappy" stage), but I would need to check with a few of them first before I can share the content. Going forward, perhaps I should get consent beforehand in future?

If I can work out how they do that blurry thing for "suspected" criminals, I will see what I can post...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I do try to capture a video of most riders within the first half hour or so (when they are at that comical "flappy" stage), but I would need to check with a few of them first before I can share the content. Going forward, perhaps I should get consent beforehand in future?

I would wager that a majority of your students/ customers would not have any issues but a disclaimer (consent) might be prudent for legal protection.