seage

The KS-18L/XL is getting a seat. Opinions?

4 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

FYI: Finally discovered it on Ali today and went for it immediately :wub:.  If you might be interested too just look for seller or item phrase shown below. I will try to give a review when I recieve it but this might take some (delivery) time...:eff006f726:

image.thumb.png.404116965a85f686a97f118969ac08b9.png

I guess you missed @RoberAce seated videos. 

Ohh my bad, I didn't see it was for 18L/XL

Edited by Unventor
I didn't see model.

I'd love to ride seated, but worry about the shell to pedal bracket junction.
My 18XL is from before the white plastic. (even then, wouldn't it need some structural ribs too?)

Maybe we should not worry to much about KS-18XL´s structural weakness therein. For static load (just you and your gear) the shell and its junction should be able to bear it easily at all. Partial overload in my opinion only could happen when there are dynamic load components for example when crossing curbs or potholes so you are right regarding that of course. This also seems to be a bad idea because there is nearly no shock absorbing item between the tire and your bum. Riding seated in this way could easily send you airborne besides from damaging the wheel.

But from what I´ve seen in videos and comments seated riding is used as a concept for intermittend relief during "active" riding. I never saw someone riding downhill fast mountain trails while sitting on his wheel :shock2:. So I think primary use is only during calm periods on planar surfaces where you don´t have to expect disruptions.

I hope I´m not mistaken... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mimetic Polyalloy

Cool yes please let us know your thoughts on it after you had a chance to test it.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:51 PM, Unventor said:

I guess you missed @RoberAce seated videos. 

Ohh my bad, I didn't see it was for 18L/XL

Haha, yep. I looove his videos, but hes on the 16 as you noticed XDD. But im sure watching how he sits on it will help with the 18 as well since they're close to the same height with the seat if im not mistaken. Im really curious to see how this works out. 

48 minutes ago, seage said:

Haha, yep. I looove his videos, but hes on the 16 as you noticed XDD. But im sure watching how he sits on it will help with the 18 as well since they're close to the same height with the seat if im not mistaken. Im really curious to see how this works out. 

Yes more or less 59-60cm high...shape is different and KS16X has higher pedals, about 1 or 2cm. 

Just saw this. Not sure if Adam U is on these forums, but i'd love to hear his opinions: 

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Yes more or less 59-60cm high...shape is different and KS16X has higher pedals, about 1 or 2cm. 

The way my buddy rides his 16X is like a bat out of hell. While i casually cruise to catchup, lol. I suppose that pedal height and fat tire really help offroad.