The End of Summer Ride to Hooters - Long Beach, Ca. 9/22

YoshiSkySun

Summer ends so fast that I believe it should get a speeding ticket. Okay, we all know that summer never ends here in Southern California, its beaches, bikes, and bikinis all year round.

Come ride with me to Hooters at The Pike in Long Beach. At Hooters, you’ll find food and wings, cold beers, sports, and of course, Hooters Girls. We will meet at the El Dorado Park Recreation Center parking lot behind the basketball court @ 9:00 am and we are rolling out @ 9:30am. Afterwards, we will cruise to the El Dorado Park Bike Path. This bike path connects with the San Gabriel River Bike Trail at various locations. We will follow the San Gabriel River trail to Rynerson Park to ride their meandering pathways.

Then, we will hop back on the San Gabriel River trail towards Rivers End in Seal Beach to look for sea turtles. There's a group of sea turtles that can be found all year long here in the brackish waters at the bottom of the San Gabriel River. These majestic creatures are usually thought of as a more tropical species; you can snorkel with them in Hawaii, and they lay their eggs on sandy Mexican beaches. And now you can find them here in Long Beach! From there, we will take the bike path which rides along the ocean. We will travel towards the Lighthouse and then to the Queen Mary.

Finally, we will make our way over to Hooters where we can recharge our wheels and quench our thirst with some cool refreshments! The weather will be perfect and expect to be riding for 4+ hours, approximately 20-25 miles of awesomeness. Summertime in the LBC!

Meet up spot at 9 a.m. Roll out at 9:30 a.m.
https://maps.apple.com/?address=2760 N Studebaker Rd, Long Beach, CA 90815, United States&ll=33.806308,-118.097855&q=MarkedLocation&_ext=EiYpIBm86q3mQEAxJq3t0KaGXcA5nu7hRtTnQEBBkPnmr/WFXcBQBA%3D%3D&t=h

9AB232AD-59BC-47EF-AB35-8B288B56FEB9.jpeg

Shenanigans from our last visit. Hooters in Hollywood.

Edited by YoshiSkySun
  • Like 3

Hey Bobby! Welcome to the EUC world! For the most part, the ride will be smooth and easy. We always monitor each others batteries, my motto is, "no riders left behind." So you are in the clear. In terms of charging, Hooter will gladly let us charge our wheels. We haven't had any problems with them, they are just happy we are there!

Edited by YoshiSkySun
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TedTheAtheist said:

Does the Metro blue line run down there now? I'll need to take it from DTLA.

I never ride train in California ever in my life so idk :wacko: (what is public transportation? Never heard of it :efee612b4b:)

But according to google maps you can take blue or orange line down south then take bus to the meeting point. There's some constructions on the blue line so plan it well before Sunday.

• Like 1

@Kens is right. The Blue Line is running and it will take you to Long Beach and to the meet up spot. You can also take the Metro Express 860 and bypass the all the stations. Another suggestion would be to take the Blue Line and exit the Wardlow station and take the bus straight down Wardlow St. toward El Dorado Park.  The Blue Line Station even ends in downtown Long Beach, which is not too far from Hooters, so you also have the option to leave early, if you what. 

Edited by YoshiSkySun
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Freewheeler said:

Thanks for the awesome ride Yoshi!!  I had a blast. Looking forward to doing this every month!

This was a great ride @YoshiSkySun enjoyed every minute of this 38+ mile ride!

@Freewheeler lets get ready for next weeks 60 plus mile ride along the coast line. Any start time is good Brian will not roll with us this time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

One for the books.

20190922_133155.jpg

Wait what? You waited until I went to the toilet to this this photo?? :)

Anyway, here are the group photos I took:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArXerG-uzKN1rAkcmGodrg9fuA6-

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArXerG-uzKN1rAhZKiRtkomJBgIS

Edited by Yellowman
Typo
  • Like 2