Another Nikola 100V Plus review

LorenW

Nice review.

6 hours ago, LorenW said:

Instead I found some motorcycle tank pads on Amazon which provide the perfect grip for the wheel when it is needed. These pads made a huge, huge difference. They only cost me $8.59 for each pack of two pads, absolutely a no-brainer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SL3JNSC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_tyEDDbGD2VHFH

Finally a low-price alternative to the overpriced techspec stuff! Great find!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LorenW said:

That is an unfortunate annoyance, and an issue that I hope they fix in future firmware updates.

Unfortunately that won’t happen, since the firmware can’t be updated by the end user (edit: on Gotway wheels that is). They can only change the behaviour for future batches.

There is a thread about the startup sound, with a link to a few dollar relay board that can be used to circumvent the issue.

Edited by mrelwood

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice review.

Finally a low-price alternative to the overpriced techspec stuff! Great find!

Thank you for your kind words. I really wanted to finally contribute some words back to this amazing EUC community. It has been such a tremendous value to me (your many posts certainly included!!)... I am so thankful for this forum.

Yes! The tank pads were a guess, based on size, really, and they turned out to be spot on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Unfortunately that won’t happen, since the firmware can’t be updated by the end user. They can only change the behaviour for future batches.

There is a thread about the startup sound, with a link to a few dollar relay board that can be used to circumvent the issue.

Ughhh! Thanks for the heads up (and your many awesome Forum contributions that I have valued as well)! I'll check out that thread!

• Like 1