Jump to content
gon2fast

V10 Refresh

Recommended Posts

image.png.9dca0af83987a8379f1c6bbae53b295b.png

Will it include the suspension that has been hinted and will there be a large battery option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

image.png.9dca0af83987a8379f1c6bbae53b295b.png

Will it include the suspension that has been hinted and will there be a large battery option?

im pretty sure the larger battery option is not on the table right now... at least thats what ive heard about the V8 refresh so im just assuming its the same with the V10... even though it would be a simple matter to use higher capacity cells as they did from the v5f to the v5f+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

even though it would be a simple matter to use higher capacity cells as they did from the v5f to the v5f+

They already use higher capacity cells on the V10F. V10 has the same number of cells as V10F. But probably the updated version will be the same case so it will not fit more cells. I don’t have any insider info, but my guess is that the VX/V12 will be the one with more battery and suspension. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UniVehje said:

They already use higher capacity cells on the V10F. V10 has the same number of cells as V10F. But probably the updated version will be the same case so it will not fit more cells. I don’t have any insider info, but my guess is that the VX/V12 will be the one with more battery and suspension. 

i had v8 on the mind.. well they could also get rid of the casing and fit more batteries in there but they wont i agree... i also think that the refresh will be exactly that, just a facelift no drastic differences

Edited by Rywokast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Will it include the suspension that has been hinted and will there be a large battery option?

They already hinted in the past the suspension model would not include large battery packs due to the extra space the suspension takes.

So my guess is a 1000Wh model max. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

They already use higher capacity cells on the V10F. V10 has the same number of cells as V10F. But probably the updated version will be the same case so it will not fit more cells. I don’t have any insider info, but my guess is that the VX/V12 will be the one with more battery and suspension. 

Inmotion uses 3200mAh cells as their max capacity. They could easily use 3500mAh cells and get a 1036Wh battery like any other 80-cell wheel (Tesla, 18L, ...). That's what @Rywokast meant with "higher capacity cells".

They could instantly do that with all their wheels: V8+ with 510Wh (instead of 480), V10F+ with 1036Wh (instead of 950Wh). It's a 10% difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is they're having trouble selling V10's.  They already reduced the price of the standard V10 from $1300 to $1000 on their website.  I'm wrong, they're $1300.

Edited by leadfeathers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

My guess is they're having trouble selling V10's.  They already reduced the price of the standard V10 from $1300 to $1000 on their website.

My first post. It says $1299 on the usa website. Can you tell me where you see $1000?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

My guess is they're having trouble selling V10's.  They already reduced the price of the standard V10 from $1300 to $1000 on their website.

that wouldn't be surprising they're quite overpriced compared to the competition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vince23heat said:

My first post. It says $1299 on the usa website. Can you tell me where you see $1000?

My apologies, I was thinking of one that is for sale (less than 100 miles) in Seattle, where I live.  Mixed that up with the Inmotion website.

Also, welcome Vince!

Edited by leadfeathers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, leadfeathers said:

My apologies, I was thinking of one that is for sale (less than 100 miles) in Seattle, where I live.  Mixed that up with the Inmotion website.

Also, welcome Vince!

Ahh. It would have been decent.

Thank you sir. I guess I revealed myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

InMotion needs to produce some documentation about what they are working on to maintain their customer base or they will get left in the past as the more mature manufacturers start to offer entry/commuter models in their product lines along with big battery options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gon2fast said:

InMotion needs to produce some documentation about what they are working on to maintain their customer base or they will get left in the past as the more mature manufacturers start to offer entry/commuter models in their product lines along with big battery options

I agree.  I purchased the V10F as my first wheel, with the intent to learn on it and also use it for long range travel.  It ended up being a perfect learner wheel, but more of a mid-range device; I didn't know at the time that range-as-advertised was incredibly overembellished.  I don't have much to complain about the wheel except that my range is actually 34 miles (not the 55-60 that they claim) and I weigh slightly below average.  That and the fact that the wheel starts throttling your speed at 80% battery.  After going on several group rides that gets annoying really fast.

But the good parts of the V10F is that it is incredibly smooth, very comfortable ride, beautiful fit and finish, and dead quiet.  I view it as a luxury car.  Not really sporty, doesn't accelerate like a porsche.  More like a Mercedes Benz or something.  I'm terrible with analogies.

My next wheel is probably going to be a Monster V3 or V4 (by the time I can afford it). I'm a nut about huge batteries, excessively long range, and ruggedness of design.  The 22 inch wheel of a Monster looks really appealing to me.

Edited by leadfeathers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

My next wheel is probably going to be a Monster V3 or V4 (by the time I can afford it). I'm a nut about huge batteries, excessively long range, and ruggedness of design.  The 22 inch wheel of a Monster looks really appealing to me.

I have debated the Monster myself being a larger rider wanting to go further distances. I am going to go with the 16X next and probably liquidate my current roster to upgrade my back up wheel to a Nikola Plus, MSX 100V or Monster 100V... or whatever is on the horizon if InMotion decides to chime in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i know from official store/service wil be "new V8F " and  brand new V12 wheel version V10 V10F stay same. V10F have alredy new board all versions firmware 2.2.10 included new control board. QC 5/19 pass is my V10F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the V10 will be upgraded with a bigger battery. 750Wh instead of 650Wh, using 2550mAh quality cells instead of 2200mAh ones (which apparently weren't of too high quality).

See here in the @EcoDrift disassembly photos of a new V10: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fecodrift.ru%2F2019%2F11%2F12%2Finmotion-v10-snova-na-sklade-dorabotki-i-novyj-akkumulyator-750vtch%2F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fascinating!  I love living in this age.  Every day we see new battery innovations.  Even if 99% of them don't make it to market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 8:36 PM, leadfeathers said:

is it an entirely new control board? Can it handle uphill rides better?

I have this information from the official service for our country. All V10Fs that have firmware 2.2.10 are on the motherboard after a hardware change, so many owners see the older 2.2.8 firmware as the latest firmware.
What changes specifically are I do not know exactly. My V10F has the quality label 5/2019 and it is the newest thing to buy so I bought through the official service and not from a noname / big e-shop where I do not know what I get or how long they have V10F lying in a huge warehouse where they fall dust.
I don't know what problem you climb. I have 115Kg and I will really climb any climb we have here. The castle on the hill. To the lookout tower. The steepest hills, which go by car, I passed all the test. Of course the temperature goes up sharply when the V10F carries 115Kg to climb but that's the physics of every EUC in the world will heat up. Since I have been using the "EUC WORLD app" and have set the alarm to 29A as soon as the phone vibrates, I will stop accelerating so hard and adjust the acceleration so that I don't hit my 29A limit. Thanks to this I have never experienced again. Overload please get off. Read my other answers on other topics I don't want to repeat too much. (my V10F reaches the current peak sometimes even 43A for your information, but from practice I know that 29A is my ideal don't forget I have 115Kg + safety gear.I live here surrounded by Beskydy Mountains (search in google and watch picture s is soo beautiful) so nothing less than the EUC 2000W here makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answer.  Generally, users of V10F have noticed more aggressive tiltback on hills than on Gotway or Kingsong.  I weigh less than you, but still have problems going up hills for extended periods. This was made clear during my last ride, with a Kingsong and Gotway rider ahead of me.  They made it to the top, no problem, but halfway through I had to get off and power-cycle my V10F.  I've heard that it is due to underperforming mosfets?  That, although the V10F has an incredibly powerful motor, it has an undersized control board (and by that I mean the parts on the board aren't meant to carry currents as high as other brands of similar motor size).

Which was why I was getting excited at the mention of a "new control board".  I was hoping Inmotion would release a control board that wouldn't be so overly conservative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It is a bit top heavy, but it isn't an issue just different. 

I actually love this aspect of the V10F.  The bulk of the weight is right underneath my knees, and I can use it as leverage to turn easier.  With other smaller EUC's it felt like they were resting on my ankles when making turns; didn't enjoy that.

Edited by leadfeathers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leadfeathers said:

I actually love this aspect of the V10F.  The bulk of the weight is right underneath my knees, and I can use it as leverage to turn easier.  With other smaller EUC's it felt like they were resting on my ankles when making turns; didn't enjoy that.

Like you said it is a matter of preference. I prefer the KS16X handling, but the V10f works fine, and this I can ride winter season and in light rain. The KS16X no so much, what ever KS were thinking to not making more practical in all weather conditions is beyond me. This is something I learned my lesson on though. It can be fun to ride, but if you can't ride when you need it, it becomes a useless in a commuters eyes (mine). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got caught in a substantial downpour yesterday evening while getting dinner. No issues, but I did put the wheel away as soon as possible. I am going tape up the speaker for the winter months. Come to think of it, I don't use the Bluetooth functionality so maybe I will seal it for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I got caught in a substantial downpour yesterday evening while getting dinner. No issues, but I did put the wheel away as soon as possible. I am going tape up the speaker for the winter months. Come to think of it, I don't use the Bluetooth functionality so maybe I will seal it for good.

One way is to get a backpack raincover. Of course you need to have this with you. But in my case I have my backpack with me 99.6%,of my rides. 

Mainly in case I device to go shopping or due commuting to work and home. You never know where an EUC trip will lead you. That is the brilliance of this transportation. So flexible and always going an extra mile for the fun of it.

 

At least this how it works for me. 😊☺️😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...