milesteg27

I think the Gotway Tela is well suited for modification as it is just black and has plenty of room for design elements.
I added some self made sticker to the wheel and added a big bicycle backlight.
I think it looks nice so far but i need ideas to further impovements.
It would be nice to see other design ideas :)

ItSY9cH.jpgF8szPXT.jpg

Edited by milesteg27
  • Like 3

Removed the gecko sticker from the left side and placed another arrow sticker.

Designed and 3D printed a mud guard for the gw tesla. you can found the model on thingiverse here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3854404

Also added new red sticker to the back side

Next idea is to make a rain guard for the front where lamp, usb and charger port is placed

Also will create a 3D model rain guard for the top of the back light

kW6xDJQ.jpg

IfDXpYu.jpg?1

Edited by milesteg27
added a link

8 hours ago, General Principle said:

some guy on here has a wood grain vinyl wrap that I love!

after all of my growing pains and dings are over, I’ve been thinking about a matte grey vinyl wrap.

thx for the hint. i think you regarding to this design. i think it looks awsome so far only need some little applications/details

8884493B-2AD4-4D98-9F98-89B31667A15B.thu

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Speaking of design, I wonder how open the two big would be to design suggestions. I do industrial design and could do some work for free (or a wheel if produced) if it was looked at seriously.

7 hours ago, Mimolette said:

Speaking of design, I wonder how open the two big would be to design suggestions. I do industrial design and could do some work for free (or a wheel if produced) if it was looked at seriously.

The feeling I’ve gotten on several occasions that the manufacturers simply don’t understand why most of the things we have asked for would be of any importance. For example the horrific registering process in the KS app, a KS worker that even speaks English didn’t understand at all what the issues are despite careful explaning.

Also, several people have offered to translate the app and warnings to proper English for free, but they never responded.

Requests that go through Jason (@Ewheels) seem to have much more weight than all the (other) forum members combined.

• Like 2

Yes sadly it seems so. It’s a shame as 90% of the work is there, and the remaining 10% could have made the whole experience so much more pleasant.

I don’t doubt they work a lot, but I’d bet heavy that there is a lot of a energy wasted on bad decisions and internal politics.

• Like 1