Gotway Nikola Plus 100V Issue After Tire Change

Changed my tire (wanted to try the CYT), and after reassembling, the wheel isn't balancing. I think the beep code indicates either low voltage, or fallen over? The battery is at around 95%, and the app indicates that as well. To take the wheel out I unplugged the batteries, the hall sensor cable and motor phase wires, took of the little plastic pieces below the pedal hangers, lifted the LED strips out of the way, and slid the wheel out the bottom. Changed the tire (which was significantly more challenge than expected) and reassembled everything. I tried running calibration from the app to no avail.

Any ideas? Is my control board somehow toast? Thanks in advance.

did you by chance unplug or mess with the motor cutoff button? this is exactly what kingsong wheels do when you have the handle pulled up even after power cycling, makes me think maybe you unplugged that or somehow it thinks its triggered.. hit it a bunch of times and see if it does anything

14 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

The motor cutoff button seems to be okay, it did the usual beep indications when I press/unpressed it. I'll take another look at it, though, thanks!

damn, well if thats not it theres a good possibility that you somehow blew something on the board.. though i cant see how thats possible from disassembling the wheel... you did drain the capacitors after unplugging the battery? i mean unless you saw a huge spark or something which would be obvious i dont see how that could happen.... if thats not it unfortunately youll have to inspect the board up close, perhaps something is just not plugged in all the way or in the wrong spot, but this behaviour can be indicative of a blown mosfet as well :/

14 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Double checked all the connections, and it all seems fine. Contacted Jason to see about a replacement control board :(

that sucks :/ wonder if something shorted

32 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Those side pads though. What did you use?

Oh yeah, I've been trying these out - they're made from a few layers of laser-cut 2mm EVA foam. The main part is about 6mm thick, and the knee contact point is about 14mm thick. I've revised the design to make the knee parts less likely to peel up over time, but still maintaining the color accent. I may reduce the rear protrusion into the LEDs, too. I'll probably make another topic about them soon :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Oh yeah, I've been trying these out - they're made from a few layers of laser-cut 2mm EVA foam. The main part is about 6mm thick, and the knee contact point is about 14mm thick. I've revised the design to make the knee parts less likely to peel up over time, but still maintaining the color accent. I may reduce the rear protrusion into the LEDs, too. I'll probably make another topic about them soon :)

@greentung next level pads

2 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

@greentung next level pads

yea the pads are sexy,, one of the few people who actually took the time to make it look good and not just haphazardly slap something on lol

• 2 weeks later...

It's alive! I got the new board and swapped it in. It is a newer version of the board, and of course they moved the unlabeled connectors around. :facepalm:

I was able to figure it out with my trusty multimeter and educated guesses based on the surrounding circuitry. I uploaded a quick little video talking about what I found:

Hope this might help someone!

• Like 2