EUC Bodyguard from roll.nz

7 minutes ago, stephen said:

It looks to me like your bare Mten3 has no bodyguard , wouldn't that look nice to have all your wheels looking nice and protected 😁👍😊

BINGO! And the money i would save in pads, would offset the cover. These mten pads are REALLY soft, too soft and tear. The covers feel just right.Done right, a cover would hide that crappy rainbow of lights, have an extra padded/durable spot for the handle (we know it has crap edges to hold for long) and have metal tabs for the pedal to stay. I'd snag one up in a heartbeat! Shall I start a petition?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I'd snag one up in a heartbeat! Shall I start a petition?

I'm in again👍 there enough people with Mten3's I'm sure they would sell 😊 it isn't really a hard shape to contour to either and little fabric/neoprene👍 come on roll NZ 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

DSCN7884.thumb.JPG.f5c7425b1edfa57489d59ae7b62aca32.JPG

Colors are to die for! I love the blue, but then the purple showed up. Don't fret, the purple is NOT that girly lavender or shaded too far red. THIS  purple is my favorite color, it lands right in the middle. Granted, one IS less abused, but they both look spectacular! Customer service was top notch and worth every penny! Now, does anyone else notice something missing in this photo? Hmm, anyone? Hint, it's not the 'mud flap', its something else...

I like that purple colour too. 

As for colours that is why I went for red sides and black edge on my KS16X cover.

When I initially bought a cover for my KS18L it was Henry Ford model-T only....aka black.

Just like you I like to add colours to it. I find all black to be a bit depressing honestly. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man the cover for the V8F looks sweet, discreet protection and LEDs. 😋

I want that for the V10F!

Edit1: Hah! I mailed them and they will have the V10F bodyguard available soonish. 😁😁😁

Edit2: Ordered the V10F one! 😀

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So, after a few weeks of using the V10F cover I can not recommend it other than if you want something purely cosmetic, it did look great at first but it doesn't hold up to scraping, both the material and the seams tear easily so I have several tears in mine. I've not done anything extreme, practicing some steep slopes and occasionally gotten off the wheel in where the wheel did slide down on it's own and things like that, I'm sure the original vinyl cover would have held up to that and I'm also probably going to switch back to that cover instead.

My personal belief is that the material just isn't strong/thick enough and the seams are on the outside of the cover making them a weak point and sensitive to scraping.

I contacted roll.nz but they just told me it seems odd and asked me if I know someone with a sewing machine that could help me fix it.

Looks: Great

Fit: Ok, a bit of fiddling now and then or it covers part of the headlight/backlight

Durability: Not so great

Edit: Added some images, I've got a couple more tears these are some of them.

20201001_115203.jpg

20201001_115222.jpg

20201001_115227.jpg

Edited by Rawnei

57 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I contacted roll.nz but they just told me it seems odd and asked me if I know someone with a sewing machine that could help me fix it.

Also my experience with their product support. They refuse to acknowledge that there may be a problem with their product.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Daley1 said:

Bodyguard is scraped up but i bet the expensive machine underneath is pristine.Ill take a ratty looking bodyguard over a busted machine anyday.

Uh ok, only the original vinyl cover offers better protection at a more affordable price.. I had this cover for a couple of weeks only, expensive for that lifespan.

4 hours ago, Daley1 said:

Bodyguard is scraped up but i bet the expensive machine underneath is pristine.Ill take a ratty looking bodyguard over a busted machine anyday.

I don’t know how any neoprene ‘stitched’ material encompassing a 50 pound mass of kinetic energy tumbling across the ground would survive unabraded. 

• Like 2

My somewhat negative review for the cover on their site has been pending awaiting approval for a week now, so much for "Be the first to write a review! ". 😂

BTW I also put some thicker self-adhesive neoprene under the cover at certain points on the shell for more protection, if I did that from the start the cover might have been in better shape now, but always easy to be wise after the fact. :) And a quick fix that worked okayish was just stapling the tears together so at least I don't have a bunch of visible holes.

Edited by Rawnei

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rogueone said:

Does anyone know if putting an EUC Bodyguard neoprene cover on a Kingsong 16x would prevent the ability to put the official KS16x seat on it? Thank you.

nope, theyre only a few mm thick

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Larreef said:

I just purchased my first wheel and it’s a Gotway RS I wanna know if you guys have cover this model yet

the RS is the same shell as the MSP https://www.roll.nz/euc-bodyguard/82-223-euc-bodyguard-for-gw-msuperx.html#/52-colour_combination-all_black/137-optional_holes-none it wont have perfect visibility for the ugly LED lights but thats just due to the nature of the exposed wheel design and their location, this is good as its gonna get i think