KS16X handle latching

Gaz Bon

Hi all 

The handle on my 16x will not latch so I can no longer pick the wheel up by handle

Only one side ever latched correctly and was kinka noisy when riding as not located correctly

So Recently had a good crash / face plant 

This may have contributed but now handle does not latch at all so can't pick up unless I grab the peddle mounts

Any ideas on the mechanicals on the handle latches or having same problems 

Cheers Gaz

@Gaz Bon I have not had the need to open my KS16X yet. But Kingsong made some nice disassembling video and assembling video for the KS16X, they a disassemble video for KS18L and the stems of the handle seems very similar. 

The stem have a white plastic tube that is inserted into a black piece of plastic, that ensure the white tube is not moving about in the stem. 

When my trolley got stuck on my 18L it had somehow come loose and was impossible to move afterwards. I couldn't get the black plastic part out. Properly something similar has happened to your handle. 

The lift switch if different but simpler to remove and install now with the digital switch instead of the analogue stress switch/sensor. 

This is how parts look like with stress sensor. But the white tube and black steer piece is similar. 

KS_18L_Upgraded_Handle_Kit_900x.jpg?v=15

I hope this helps you. 

• Like 2

Since I drive 95% off-road, this means that I have to dismantle the 16X first to seal it, after I get it on next Wednesday. Damn! :crying:

Probably hard to seal with sponge rubber without affecting the LEDs, isn't it?