The Best Mod you can do to the Best Wheel (mten3)

Today I have brought my absolute favorite wheel, just a bit closer to perfect. I replaced the teeny-tiny pedals with a set from my msuperx. The swap literally took 4 minutes and the ride is superbly improved. My US size 11 feet are loving the added space.

The grip tape, while not my choice, still works nicely, so I'll keep it for the time being. Eventually it'll be replaced with Vicious griptape.

(before anyone asks) I have wrapped my mten3 in neoprene foam because I love jumping up (and down) 8 inch curbs, but this occasionally means crashing the fragile Gotway plastic shells. This is a more suitable shell for my purpose, but sadly it means the pedal do not stay folded.

BPmviQ8.jpg8UMz8qr.jpg

13 hours ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

Today I have brought my absolute favorite wheel, just a bit closer to perfect. I replaced the teeny-tiny pedals with a set from my msuperx. The swap literally took 4 minutes and the ride is superbly improved. My US size 11 feet are loving the added space.

The grip tape, while not my choice, still works nicely, so I'll keep it for the time being. Eventually it'll be replaced with Vicious griptape.

(before anyone asks) I have wrapped my mten3 in neoprene foam because I love jumping up (and down) 8 inch curbs, but this occasionally means crashing the fragile Gotway plastic shells. This is a more suitable shell for my purpose, but sadly it means the pedal do not stay folded.

BPmviQ8.jpg8UMz8qr.jpg

As @Lutalo had told me apparently you do a lot of offroading. I tried an extremely hard trail the other day with the mten and i think the bigger pedals would have helped for sure.  I'm not so sure about those metal hooks. 

On 9/8/2019 at 7:02 AM, Jack Frost said:

a lot of offroading

This wheel is a beast at offroad and conquers mountains like no other

The larger pedals definitely make it way easier to maneuver, although, ironically, it's easier to bump them into stuff, so I just try not to.

The foam also means I don't have to worry about dropping the wheel in the dirt. The metal hooks are just attached to the bungees, which keep the foam attached. The hooks aren't anywhere near my legs, so I honestly never even notice them

Edited by Declan acoustic-unicyclist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

This wheel is a beast at offroad and conquers mountains like no other

The larger pedals definitely make it way easier to maneuver, although, ironically, it's easier to bump them into stuff, so I just try not to.

The foam also means I don't have to worry about dropping the wheel in the dirt. The metal hooks are just attached to the bungees, which keep the foam attached. The hooks aren't anywhere near my legs, so I honestly never even notice them

you probably arent doing the trails we're doing in Toronto. We're like climbing mountain bike trails where its steep as hell. I had to carry the mten because it just wasnt possible. When you come to Toronto @Declan acoustic-unicyclistwe can do a mten3 offroad race haha