Kingsong 18XL, took tumble, now handle hard to pull out/push in

TedTheAtheist

I'm in Los Angeles.

So my EUC took a bit of a tumble down some stairs while the handle was pulled out. It still works, but now it's hard to push in/pull out (not my fault at all).

After I initially pull it up (with some force), it will do the rest of the way fairly easily, but when I need to push it back in, I have to use the same amount of force again to do so. It's quite inconvenient.

I've just watched part of the video below. It looks like it's easy enough to get to, but I'm not sure what I should look for/what I should do if I do open it up. I fear as soon as I take it apart, I won't know WTF I'm doing, I'll pull it out, push it back in, and not be able to tell where the issue is still.

I fix computers - I'm not really mechanical.. although I know if I'm going to keep having EUCs I should get used to this. Any pointers/ideas/etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by TedTheAtheist

This is not a fix but might make it tolerable.

Slide it back until it starts to bind, locate which tube that binds and what direction (look from above). Then give it a little hit in the opposite direction until it loosens a bit.

When the tube has started to deform it will never be as good as new again.

My V8 slipped out of my hand while going down a small stair once, the trolley handle wasn't fully restracted and got bent. It's ok now but I can't close it completely (on the V8 it's flush). If I try I can't get it open. For your machine it shouldn't be a problem.