Inmotion V10F. <5miles. Bought it 6 days ago. Barely used.

kyriacos

Hi all,

New to the forum. I bought an Inmotion V10F from Jason at ewheels on Saturday (Aug 31st). As soon as i took it out of the box i figured i made the wrong choice as a starter wheel but never the less i tried riding it. Just took it to the parking lot and used a rail all the time. However it did fall while i was trying to mount and unmount and scratched the pedals; and the handle has a tiny scratch on it. That's it. I had the protective cover on since i took it out of the box. 

That day i put in 0.5 miles on it and the rest (4.5miles) i've been practicing at home.

After that single outing at the parking lot, i added a bunch of tape all over, then extra padding and added that on the body and the pedals. Then added the protective cover again on top and then even more tape and some fiberglass tape which doesn't rip. Basically covered every exposed point on the wheel hehe. Bit OCPD there.

Either way though since my first outing i have only been practicing at home. The only damage is to my carpet which i had to clean the other day :). Funny that i even got 5 miles on the wheel just going back and forth on it since i have a 10 foot hallway.

I find it a bit too big and heavy for me and the pedal height kind of high. Thought that this would have been a good idea to have a wheel that i won't upgrade too soon but it's too much for me for now. I want to get a smaller wheel instead that i can learn on.

I am in San Francisco, available most of the times throughout the day as i work from home. I would like to sell in person, face to face, obviously meet somewhere public and close (since i can't ride it yet). Preferably payment through payment (send money to friend). Willing to take off the padding obviously when we meet up so you can check the wheel more closely.

Price i'm thinking $1400 since it just some minor scratches and it's 6 days old.

Have the box and everything that came with it. And i can show you the receipt when i purchased and received it.

Let me know below. Not sure if i can get PMs since i'm a new member.

Thanks!

Edited by kyriacos
lowered price
  • Like 2

Keep it, I managed to ride free after 20 miles, then your want it back instead of a learner wheel. Learn on grass and keep slow then the damage with the protection is next to nothing. I learnt to ride first before I tried to hop on and off. Tbh still have not mastered the getting on and off. Just my thoughts having just done the learning process.

• Like 1

• kyriacos changed the title to Inmotion V10F. <5miles. Bought it 6 days ago. Barely used.
2 hours ago, Delmeekc said:

Keep it, I managed to ride free after 20 miles, then your want it back instead of a learner wheel. Learn on grass and keep slow then the damage with the protection is next to nothing. I learnt to ride first before I tried to hop on and off. Tbh still have not mastered the getting on and off. Just my thoughts having just done the learning process.

I already went ahead and got a smaller wheel. If i don't end up selling it i guess i'll have to keep it :). But right now i'd rather cover the expense of the other wheel. Thank you though that is encouraging. Getting on and off is a real pain and i can't do that still without holding somewhere but at least i can do a straight line for a few feet for now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Esso said:

There must be some kind of medal for logging multiple thousands of trips down a 10 foot hallway in 6 days.

:thumbup:.

Saw you have a 14d for a wheel. Any chance you were riding up Dolores on the sidewalk ~2 days ago ~4pm? :) 

I'm still using railings or posts to get on and off and riding in London, happy with that for now as opposed to making a complete twat of myself. First week on my MCM5 and getting more relaxed each day. Done 23 miles this week, my first week in it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kyriacos said:

:thumbup:.

Saw you have a 14d for a wheel. Any chance you were riding up Dolores on the sidewalk ~2 days ago ~4pm? :) 

No, not me. I'm usually on my MSX. The only time I'm on my 14d is when I'm riding backwards, or attempting to, badly. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2019 at 3:14 PM, kyriacos said:

at least i can do a straight line for a few feet for now.

That's progress!  Hopefully you continued to improve and are now loving the V10F!

If not, however, and you're just not into the V10F, I was wondering if you've sold it yet.  

Thanks, and have a great day.