E devices not allowed on NYC commuter trains

GothamMike

I asked the Metro North conductor (MNRR is a commuter rail line for northern NYC suburbs and CT) if E Scooters were allowed, he said no electric devices are allowed.  I may have to drive into the city to use my EUC.

We have signs on the sidewalk in Golden Gate Park "No Bicycles/Skateboards", but no one ever enforce it. So either they are outdated or simply no manpower to enforce them. Also, no one seems to bother to define what is a motorized vehicle. Sometimes many signs are posted and rules are stated, but it really comes down to enforcement. I just ride wherever I want until I am stopped by cops... 

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

We have signs on the sidewalk in Golden Gate Park "No Bicycles/Skateboards", but no one ever enforce it.

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

Also, no one seems to bother to define what is a motorized vehicle.

Lots of posts like this one say otherwise: 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GothamMike said:

I asked the Metro North conductor (MNRR is a commuter rail line for northern NYC suburbs and CT) if E Scooters were allowed, he said no electric devices are allowed.  I may have to drive into the city to use my EUC.

Simply place your EUC in a durable canvas bag before boarding the Metro.

No one needs to know what you're carrying; your business is your business.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, finally found something that I might purchase.  I work in a place that probably won't let me ride my wheel in, but they won't give a covered bag a second look.  You might be able to use these to get onto a train.  Just roll up, shove EUC into this bag, and get on?

https://www.gophersport.com/supplies/storage/hoop-coupe-storage-bags?item=5077&gclid=CjwKCAjw8ZHsBRA6EiwA7hw_sXusHRP8-hHf1ZAJiEbAFSGMhIhxPzYqKw3Dk_8kRUe5cBNqM43pehoCYEYQAvD_BwE#longDescription

And if someone asks, you can say you're carrying 45 lbs of hula hoop lmao

Edited by leadfeathers

On 9/6/2019 at 3:49 AM, GothamMike said:

@greentung Brandname?

Sorry it took this long to reply. I missed the post. Anyways, searching for Brompton travel bag or carry bag will turn up a bunch 3rd party makers. I have a Brompton specific cover bag which they don't make anymore. The new ones have wheels on the bottom. 

Here is a folding bike bag.   

https://www.probikekit.com/cycling-accessories-nc/b-w-folding-bike-soft-bag/11185501.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=USD&shippingcountry=US&shoppingpid=DDUK_180118_&gclsrc=aw.ds&&thg_ppc_campaign=71700000051881865&gclid=CjwKCAjw8ZHsBRA6EiwA7hw_sfJKexoDpzWgo1mJhTpoGauzuXL6dOOyl2HVPzKzvMQjDlO4BX1m-hoC7YYQAvD_BwE

The hoop carry bag looks ok. But, I am not sure it can handle a 40-60lbs unicycle. Brompton bikes are about 25-35 lbs depending on load out. You could make work if you hold the bottom of the hoop bag. The strap looks a bit undersized. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...