Introducing EUCO: Electric Unicycle Collective

Jeffrey Scott Will

Where have you been the past year and a half! We need to ride sometime. I organize group rides every month and have not been able to reach anyone from your videos. I've even tried the San Diego EUC Facebook page to no avail. I've got a group of 12 or so guys with me. From what I know about San Diego and EUC history, I'm surprised we are not like San Francisco with how many riders they have. Between you and Joey (the alldaywheel guy) I'm shocked the EUC community here is so small. But then again I know how difficult it is to convince someone to ditch the car. I hope we can change that. I'd like to visit your business and meet you if you are open on Saturdays. Next time you have an event please keep me informed. I want to help build the EUC community in SD.

BTW here is my YouTube channel

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:22 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If the intention of EUCO is to promote the community, why is there a shop included? That sort of makes it look like a marketing plan...
Or are you planning to include links to other online shops too?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to cause conflict. But I have experienced another instance where a FB Page was promoted as being "for the community",  but if anyone suggested any other "sales" opportunities beside those of the Page Admin they were immediately blocked.

The result of this was that the content presented had a very skewed view of the community, which doesn't help any of us.

@The Fat Unicyclist Good questions! EUCO is the name of our company, and the name of the community we are building. Like any other business, we do have a marketing plan, but those efforts are focused on sales activity on our manufacture branded websites (myinmotion, mykingsong) where EUCO is a community open to all brands (regardless if we sell their products), and all riders. We have them listed on EUCO because we want to be transparent about who we are and what sales channels we are affiliated with. Wouldn't it be more disingenuous if we weren't open about that? This way, anyone who wants to support us can do so if they wish. Our business is dependent on sales just like any other distributor. That being said, we feel it's very important that the EUCO content be focused on the concept of riding electric unicycles and amplifying the voices of the people behind them. That's why we use the word "stories" - it's not about spec debates or brand vs brand; it's about how we use them. It's in no one's best interest for us to stifle anyone's voice or point of view. All brands welcome. Seriously. :)

On 9/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, Flyboy10 said:

Where have you been the past year and a half! We need to ride sometime. I organize group rides every month and have not been able to reach anyone from your videos. I've even tried the San Diego EUC Facebook page to no avail. I've got a group of 12 or so guys with me. From what I know about San Diego and EUC history, I'm surprised we are not like San Francisco with how many riders they have. Between you and Joey (the alldaywheel guy) I'm shocked the EUC community here is so small. But then again I know how difficult it is to convince someone to ditch the car. I hope we can change that. I'd like to visit your business and meet you if you are open on Saturdays. Next time you have an event please keep me informed. I want to help build the EUC community in SD.

BTW here is my YouTube channel

@Flyboy10 Oh man, tell me about it. I really wish I had more time! We had a few really awesome rides awhile back. Joey is a good friend, and we've certainly had some amazing rides together. When it comes to organizing (or even attending), honestly, work consumes 90% of my energy these days and life has had a way of making free time a very rare treat. ;) 

I agree our SD crew should be HUGE, and I wish I could be a better instrument in making it happen. I live by Balboa Park, so if you are ever in the area on the weekend, it wouldn't hurt to hit me up to see if I'm free!

We are almost never in the office on the weekend, but you are very welcome to send us a message on the website to book and appointment during the week. Just let Mitch know that you're a local from the forum.

OH, and as for events, I'll definitely be at the LA EUC games. So excited.

Edited by Jeffrey Scott Will
  • Like 3

On 9/2/2019 at 11:24 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:
On 9/2/2019 at 11:24 PM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Hey all!

But we also wanted to build a new hub to promote the growing culture of the EUC community. We're calling it EUCO (Electric Unicycle Collective). Obviously, this very forum has been a really popular platform for discussion, and we certainly don't expect to replace that, but we want to showcase all the interesting people that have made electric unicycles a staple in their life in some way or another. Everyone has a story to tell, and I think most of us have particularly interesting ones... and we want to do everything we can to showcase it.

Are there any plans to expand to the UK? It seems like all the exciting things are happening in the EUC community Stateside :)