Unventor

How to KS16X, yay I get to learn ride again.

So today I got a status update on the investigation on my oddly behaviour KS16X after light rain ride. 

Somehow water got into the power button. Excatly how I am waiting for a reply. Got a few pictures of it. But it is clearly water damage as I expected. ūüėē

So the second part is a bit disturbing. The wrapping cracked on one of the battery packs. But no water damage to the battery. I am still a bit puzzled how this happened as I never opened the wheel. ūü§Ē

Both issues are fixed and control board looks fine, no signs of water near it. 

As the testing and repair is completed, now is just a matter of time before my baby is home. I hope... ūüėĒ

Edited by Unventor

I didn't realize that the 16X has the tallest pedals of all EUC?

2 hours ago, xorbe said:

I didn't realize that the 16X has the tallest pedals of all EUC?

Well it does for its size.

Yes The MSX has similar height at pedel connection point and have a stepper angel but it is a bigger wheel. 

The effect is shorter pedal arm/ledger to wheel axel/center. 

So some good news.... 

My KS16X has started the (painful) slow process of postal shipping back home to me today. 

With a bit of luck I get to enjoy within 1 week from now just before ice and snow sets in. 

The other good news is the leaves dropped from trees the past 2 weeks and more or less are gone from the paths I normally use in my everyday commute and shopping with my wheel. 

The bad news is the past months break from riding made my knees and back ache again. So I am back to feeling like frozen fish fingers again. Not ideal for winter riding. 

So I decided to get a EUC bodyguard, but waiting for @The Fat Unicyclist to reply to my email. 

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So some good news.... 

My KS16X has started the (painful) slow process of postal shipping back home to me today. 

With a bit of luck I get to enjoy within 1 week from now just before ice and snow sets in. 

The other good news is the leaves dropped from trees the past 2 weeks and more or less are gone from the paths I normally use in my everyday commute and shopping with my wheel. 

The bad news is the past months break from riding made my knees and back ache again. So I am back to feeling like frozen fish fingers again. Not ideal for winter riding. 

So I decided to get a EUC bodyguard, but waiting for @The Fat Unicyclist to reply to my email. 

Awesome news on the repaired wheel but no so good on your aches and pains.. Ibuprofen and Osteobioflex are miracle workers for me. 

Watch out for those occasional leaves on your path as they camouflage potholes extremely well.

Hey @The Fat Unicyclist.... Unventor is trying to reach you. ūüõé

On 11/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, Rehab1 said:

Awesome news on the repaired wheel but no so good on your aches and pains.. Ibuprofen and Osteobioflex are miracle workers for me. 

Watch out for those occasional leaves on your path as they camouflage potholes extremely well.

Hey @The Fat Unicyclist.... Unventor is trying to reach you. ūüõé

Yep... We're back online now.

And working on a plan for @Unventor too...

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

But then out of the blue shipping update at 16:33 and this morning I got my wheel again. 

Congratulations!:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I don't know the exact things done to my wheel, but it should be fine and some water and dust resistant improved. 

Is it possible to ask the facility and report back? I’m sure many members (including myself) would love to know what modifications were performed. 

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Is it possible to ask the facility and report back? I’m sure many members (including myself) would love to know what modifications were performed

The best would be to open the wheel and take some pictures for us. ;)

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

Also I am waiting for @The Fat Unicyclist to present his next "gen" KS16X EUC bodyguard. I decided to get this when he is ready to make new batch. This is to protect the wheel during winter as I doubt I get my KS18L rebuild soon. And I hope it will help to protect from rain too.

We're almost back up to date... And we have a few ideas for your special requests. I hope to be in touch over the weekend with some thoughts for you...   :)

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Congratulations!:thumbup:

Is it possible to ask the facility and report back? I’m sure many members (including myself) would love to know what modifications were performed. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

The best would be to open the wheel and take some pictures for us. ;)

I think it is much better that we get some official info from KS either though @Micheal Shen or @US69 (if he show up here). 

I found the side pads hard to remove without breaking, so I prefer not to mess around with it right now. Why they choose imho such a plain speaking stupid solution is beyond me. 

It might be that @Jason McNeil have something he shares with his customers. 

Right now I am not keen on opening my wheel. As for asking my dealer, I understand he put a lot of work to this and normally I would ask for a detailed report. But to keep a good relationship here I have decided to let this go. I don't want to be seen as critical to the work he has put into this. 

Edited by Unventor

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

We're almost back up to date... And we have a few ideas for your special requests. I hope to be in touch over the weekend with some thoughts for you...   :)

Feel free to contact me here or though Skype, I am very interested and happy to bounce ideas.

20 hours ago, Unventor said:

But then out of the blue shipping update at 16:33 and this morning I got my wheel again. 

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more about FW 1.07 as well! 

just seen this thread.Whats the update?

Just commuted to work again this morning. 

It is a bit early. But considering that I bought myself a Xmas gift yesterday (V10f).... 

20191112_073724.thumb.jpg.707a8010ad4334b93eff26643aba75b7.jpg

As for FW 1.07 it performance really well to me. The wheel is very responsive. That said I don't ride it above 40kmh especially in the dark.