How to KS16X, yay I get to learn ride again.

Unventor

28 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Ahh I had this very same thing while trying to sign with Mob No

Then Signed with my email and country  I said was c-n 

All good and no speed regulation 50KPH 😀

My account is done by e-mail signin as the phone thing didn't work for me back when App version  3.0.x got released. 

So I did a little slow riding today. Mainly as it feels like balancing on a knifes edge with the pros and cons that comes with that feeling, but also due to app/wheel/server issues. More about this in a bit. 

I am about 81kg +/- (let's call it 180lbs) and tested out with 2.1 bar (31-32ish psi). It feels hard to squeeze. And so was the ride... Not to my bad knees liking. But.. Man this is fun to go slower than walking speed on it and feels almost like doing ballet dancing or figure skateing on the wheel. 

Since my ride style using KS18L and due my bad knee, is probably diffe than most, I found it does (right now) work for me), which to me is fantastic. Most people here moan about this... But to me it is like learning to ride once again and the process of expirearanceing small victories as I go along. 

To give an example... 

* First 3x 10m, inside the office on wood floor (while 5-10 colleagues look at it). Confined space and still with no idea of how the wheel behaves. 

* Going outside on semi poor asphalt with edges and grooves... And in light traffic. 

* Going on pot holes temp gravel bike lave with mud/water pits, very confined space too with bicycles and pedestrians coming both was in less than 1m wide area

* Going back to pick up lunch in a back. 

*More road work gravel/dig ups and transferring into cubble stones

* Going up and down small curbs

* Transporting the empty KS box to my car up a tilted curb on a garage floor up ramp with grooved concrete, not being able to see floor due to the box

* After work going to town centre to pick up medici to my cat, multiple different material as ride surfaces once again... Slowly getting more control. Going both up and downhill. 

Just today I have made huge progress but I am far from understanding the wheel still. But all these small tasks I view as accomplishments rather than what still can't do on this wheel. 

Now the reason I view this different is the KS18L is such a simple wheel in many ways. This KS16X might feel so in future but right now I see what this can do that the KS18L cannot (in my hand or at my feets, if you like). 

I did not choose to buy the KS16X to get a second KS18L, if I wanted that, then I should go for a KS18XL instead. I bought 1st batch (late delivery though but still) fully aware that it hold a risk for problems that in time will be ironed out by KS, that I am 150% confident about. 

So as for what doesn't work for me is the App/wheel/server connection. 

Please @Micheal Shen these things need to get fixed. They put a lot of gravel into a start up expirearance of a very fine product. This type of frustrations is totally unnecessary. 

So this might have to a iffy launch of the new gen app of version 3.0.x. Back then it was filled with Chinese text all over. So I couldn't login with my old KS account. As a workaround I created a new one with e-mail login info instead of phone number. But now I can't get to link my KS16X to my account nor does it allow me to access speed settings. I get this error:

1080_cabfafb3-4341-4393-abea-2ccffa183e9

I have tried to logout of the App, quit it, force quit, empty cache and combining the above. Logging out and doing the above. It simply do not like me having a KS16X (sad signs) so here I really can use some help. 

So tomorrow morning going to work I should have done 10km+ but since I am not linked to the wheel. I am likely to do this again... I can do it not a huge deal. But this should be a much more simple stable and no-work around needed process. Really KS how hard can this be? Really. So I really do appreciate a lot that KS have eyes on this forum. That is one of many reason I buy KS and not GW. So I hope @Micheal Shenor @US69can help with getting this hickup sorted. And like I tell outer to do, I asked my dealer too of course.

Despite all I don't think I ever had such a big fat smile on my face with the KS18L. But I do, and I am loving it, big time. 

• Like 3

Ohh I forgot to mention that the trolley... 

It might look similar to KS18L/XL but the twist of the handle is so much comfortable imho. And the digital switch of the lift sensor is spot on every time. You can feel it gives then the beep and you are good to go/lift. 

The weight balance is also much easier to handle imho do to the smaller length of the case compared to the KS18L. It might be a bit wider, but that it not an issue. Laying in the trunk of the car, it takes up less space than my KS18L did. 

• Like 1

@Unventor

Hey Buddy!

To sum it up:

you cant access speed settings, right?

Actually the andorid app has a problem with more than one registered KS wheel...And i know that you haveallready a wheel in profil :-)

The only work around is creating a new account for the 16X....then everything should work. Sorry, no other solution now.

Otherwise, keep me up on PM...we work through this!

• Like 1

If I take out the KS18L from my profile will that be an issue later on once I get put back together?

It is totally disassembled in storage until I get last parts ready. 

Ohh sweet B):clap3:

I got a message from the KS app saying my wheel has been approved, and then I could change speed settings to 40kmh which is fast enough for me in general and especially right now. 

The 400km done on my first EUC (V8/glide3) and 2800km on KS18L feels reset to like 30km doing practice. I am just a rookie.

Not EUC-superman like @Mike Sacristan doing reverse riding on gras on first step up. (Respect for that level of handling).

So tomorrow I will have to be careful about the speed 😁🚀

If it does not rain I might ride out to check out those Raw Mounts I suggested @Rehab1

And thanks a thousand times @US69for helping out. You level of commit is priceless. I hope @tinawong knows that 😉.

So tomorrow....day 2 of the future era of KS16X f-log. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Ohh sweet B):clap3:

I got a message from the KS app saying my wheel has been approved, and then I could change speed settings to 40kmh which is fast enough for me in general and especially right now. 

The 400km done on my first EUC (V8/glide3) and 2800km on KS18L feels reset to like 30km doing practice. I am just a rookie.

Not EUC-superman like @Mike Sacristan doing reverse riding on gras on first step up. (Respect for that level of handling).

So tomorrow I will have to be careful about the speed 😁🚀

If it does not rain I might ride out to check out those Raw Mounts I suggested @Rehab1

And thanks a thousand times @US69for helping out. You level of commit is priceless. I hope @tinawong knows that 😉.

So tomorrow....day 2 of the future era of KS16X f-log. 

Thanks for the flowers! Hearing that not so often... :cheers:

And btw. the 40kmh lock...should only be for the first 10km...its not 200km anymore!

• Like 3

@Unventor

Also:

The “rookie/weird” feeling...mostly depends on tire pressure!

For me...it helped getting pressure low at first....and only later (2-3day) try my faborite rock hard setting!

But main point is: Change pressure and check out what feels most comfortable!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, US69 said:

@Unventor

Also:

The “rookie/weird” feeling...mostly depends on tire pressure!

For me...it helped getting pressure low at first....and only later (2-3day) try my faborite rock hard setting!

But main point is: Change pressure and check out what feels most comfortable!

But but... I am loving it. I had huge fun today at 2-10kmh. 

Riding with the empty KS box was a huge challenge for my mind. 

I can't really explain it other that it feel scary in a great way. Also trying to anticipate how it react and trying to counter it. It is to me like having to learn to ride again. It feels fun. No need for me to go 69kmh to have fun.

I guess people with Mten3 know what I am on about. If @Marty Backe had this sensation every time he testet or got a new wheel I truely envy you despite your too hot weather in CA. 😉😎

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

So first day commuting to work, then a traditional shopping ride to get canned cat food for my Ragdoll cats. And testing a hill climb, that I actually never been up before. 

https://euc.world/tour/578415904978258#

I still do not ride fast. I have to adjust/change my ridestyle so much that it will take some time before I am back in my normal comfort zone. Riding in the rain to work topspeed on a slight decline 25kmh, usually I am at 35ish there. Avg. Speed 15kmh, usually I do this at 25ish kmh Avg. It is only a 1800m ride. 

The Wheelog above was in the afternoon. Relative hard side winds the headwind, and opposite going back home. 

So I am getting better at it, not as alert but I need 120% focus all the time to maintain control. 

Did I have fun today? You bet I did. And been historical too.

Been places I never been before (never been up at the church/hill despite riding past it tons of times) and do more and more tight turning that I ever done on a wheel before. 

Developing new control skills. I though my KS18L was fantastic. 

But the KS16X is a different wheel. And I am only doi g like 25kmh on it still. The tight manuvering is nothing but amazing to me. Can you do this on other wheel, yes you can, but I have never done it. 

That is my point, I am still a rookie in EUC universe, but I keep getting more and more addicted. And it has nothing to do with speed at all. Odd right in the light people keep moaning about throttling and tires and specs on paper... 

I love it for what I can do, and how I have to better myself and my skills. And I don't have to go insane speeds to enjoy myself. 

Now sadly the next few days is going to be rainy at my place. But I will rebounch next week, vacation and going on a road trip to Stockholm with my car with only purpose of meeting people to ride EUC together. 

So next week I am likely to log some range compared to how far I normally ride. What do you think @Mike Sacristanand @Azze80

Note: @Azze80 I am working on that present of your. Next step tomorrow, I can't tell more right now. 😉😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

So next week I am likely to log some range compared to how far I normally ride. What do you think @Mike Sacristanand @Azze80

Note: @Azze80 I am working on that present of your. Next step tomorrow, I can't tell more right now. 😉😜

There are some very nice areas near @Azze80 which I would like to show my wife. As well as Flottsbro.
There is much to explore and one day won't be enough. We can also take a night cruise when you get here... and then cruise during the day the day after.
I know the paths with best lighting, etc so we will be safe. And the 16X has a killer beam.
Three 16X going down the path with high beam on hahaha. :roflmao:

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Three 16X going down the path with high beam on hahaha. :roflmao:

zuTwahw966MoFwD7B2SFujaT5yp.jpg

:popcorn:

(I don’t have @Rehab1master editing and touch-up skills). 😎

Edited by Unventor
Spell/typo correction as usual.
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

zuTwahw966MoFwD7B2SFujaT5yp.jpg

:popcorn:

(I don’t have @Rehab1master editing and you h-up skills). 😎

@Mike Sacristan and @Unventor omg guys😂 wtf! What am I missing here hahahaha

yeah! We are all looking forward to your visit @Unventor. It will also be my first group-ride. Awesome! 

Close to me, as Mike mentioned we have lots of trails in the woods... where I normally ride everyday for work. We can go there and you can choose paths/trails to ride😎.

”Three amigos “ 😁🤣, I can see the wifey just 👉🏻🙄 👈🏻

Though as as much as Mike has now built up his leg strength with his practicing, I now have to start squatting to be able to keep up😉

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Azze80 said:

Though as as much as Mike has now built up his leg strength with his practicing, I now have to start squatting to be able to keep up😉

It's okay i'll just ride backwards.

Speaking of riding... sun is out! Meaning I am out.

Laters!

So a little update since I have been a little lazy to keep updates coming. 

1st day, Monday (fw1.05): I rode a total of 8km at 2-10kmh. I never owned a wheel that was this nimble. It reminds me a lot of the Z10, or more than my KS18L. 

2nd day, Tuesday: I did some more riding, commute to work, went shopping then home. Total distance 15km, I began to get more control, but still feel like I am standing in a knife edge tipping left and right but still maintaining forward momentum. 

3rd day, Wednesday: weather was poorly so I only commute to work and home about 4km, and a little detour totaling 8km for the day. Topspeed a little under 30kmh, averaging around 20-25kmh most of the time. 

4th day, Thursday: weather was poorly so I only commute to work and home about 4km. Topspeed reached about 30kmh.

5th day, Friday (updated to fw 1.06 at work): commuting to work, but was late so I pushed it harder, up to 35kmh felt a bit unnerving. On my way how I went shopping with a little detour so reaching about 18km for the day. Average speed picking up I now ride mostly around 25ish kmh. I started to get more control still. The knife edge sensation but I slowly start to not to think as much on it. But it still happens. 

6th day, Saturday: went for a steep city hills ride, slight off road, sandy paths, dirt roads. The ride was about 12km. My top speed was about 31kmh. But climbing hills made my feet hurt badly. I have not ridden much the past month or so. As my KS18L is disass for repair. The KS18L felt easier to climb hills, but the KS16X feels better going downhill. For long steady cruising I find KS18L more easy and comfortable. But for navigation and slower than walking speed the KS16X is the best I have tested/ridden yet. Okey I have not tested many wheels, but still, even my V8 (how I recall it) is not as nimble as KS16X. 

Total ridden on the wheel is 66km today.

Note:The range pr day above is as well I can recall them, they might be a little off. 

• Like 1

7th day (lowered tire pressure from 2.1bar/31-32psi to 25-26psi): okay så today I decided to lower my tire pressure a bit. Then went for a ride. Most of the balancing on a knife edge is now gone, but it comes with a trade off I guess. It partly removes the micro sensation from the ground. Before I could feel even little crack or stone or stick. It does follow cracks or edges in the asphalt as much but when it does it is much hard to force the tire passed it. Or so it seems. In general it feels better. I am so in love with the slow speed sensation of the wheel. I can go much slow on the KS16X than I have done on any other wheel. Being able to "walk" with the crowd on designated walking streets and slowly weave in and out of the crowd is nothing but fantastic. Di a ride of 17kmh on GPS range. Wheel milage reads 88km totally. The wheel demands more of its rider, but also give a bigger reward. I just need to build up my skills and body strength to comply with the wheels demands. 

So that was today's update. Tomorrow I am testing my new Ram mounts setup with my Sony FDR-X3000r camera. I don’t like riding with a stick in my hand, so this mounted to the case seems to be a fine solution. It also gives a speedier and in the moment sensation to the video. More to come, stay tuned 😉

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

Tomorrow I am testing my new Ram mounts setup with my Sony FDR-X3000r camera. I don’t like riding with a stick in my hand, so this mounted to the case seems to be a fine solution. It also gives a speedier and in the moment sensation to the video. More to come, stay tuned 😉

Best wishes on the Velcro attachment. I like filming with a stick to capture different perspectives but  I also like to move my hands when riding.

Have you ever tried a chest or shoulder mount? 

Edited by Rehab1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Best wishes on the Velcro attachment. I like filming with a stick to capture different perspectives but  I also like to move my hands when riding.

Have you ever tried a chest or shoulder mount? 

Yes, I had a clip mount, but it broke too cheap construction, I acturly I had two. 

I might at some point look at this Ram Mounts kit: RAP-NOR-KIT-LAC

It is to mount on upper leg or arm or chest. 

Day 8 Monday, did a 8km ride today. Luming rain put a stop to my ride and feet still killing me. But today's treat I have a view from the wheel video to show. I never ride with selphy sticks. Never have. But here goes. I only processed it to have the speed/range/time overlay. Beside that it is as raw as it gets. The rattling is something from camera in its waterproof case or the mount being too close to the wheel case. I will fix this next time. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So time for an little update. After I recorded the video above I went to Stockholm  to meet up with fellow EUC riders there and to go riding my KS16X. By that time 3 others had a KS16X so I didn't get to see their first impression as I had hoped for. Anyway I had a blast of a time there clocking 80km of riding in 2 days. That had so many records and first time historical markers for me that I will keep then from this post. I think I can up to 20+ point on such a list.

I posted some pictures in the photo thread last Sunday. That was a magical ride 40km more or less in total.

Now after 3 weeks I had clocked 325km on my wheel. And I have had a blast of a time with my wheel. So I were to have my car serviced so I took some time of from work to get that done and in in that local area about 25km away from me. Unfortunately it was raining that Friday. That turned out to be devastating. 

It didn't rain much and the wheel didn't leave any water on the floor when I came back indoor to pick up my car. But then the wheel started to behave very oddly and even more when I came back home. I am fairly sure it is due to some type of water damage. But I have ridden in much more heavy rain with both my V8 and KS18L. This was my first rain ride  on my KS16X. 

I decided not to open my wheel but to ship it to dealer so he can document the wheel for KS and they can decide what to do. So at this point I don't know what is the cause nor how to fix it. It might very well be just a 1 unit fault as a 1st batch issue. I think it is a 1 unit fault as I suspect others have ridden in rain before me.

I took it to work on the following Monday, it rides fine, but I can put my finger on it something seems wrong still. As riding an EUC envolves a great deal of trust in you wheel, I found it better to get it investigated. Lucky so did my dealer. So now starts the waiting game of getting it back at 100% okey  checked report. 

So right now it is in transit to dealer, hopefully there on Monday or Tuesday.. So I managed to get 355Km before I had to depart with the wheel. But I can't wait to get it back to ride more....if weather allow it. The only question now it how long this will take. 

Side note: too add to the bad luck streak, a software update on my car went wrong, so I have to get a redo job done on it. Also the spare parts I ordered traveling by train is lost due to a fire in the warehouse they were getting reloaded/stored before reloading. So right now I am all out of wheels. Not funny at all :efeee20b79:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

So what did the X do or not do that you have it serviced?

Once I know more I share info. I don't know for sure the cause nor the fix, so until I do I will hold this detail between my dealer/KS and me.

It is to give KS time to make the right decision and conclusion on this. 

Note: I have not seen anyone else posting anything about this yet (at all), that much I can say.

Edited by Unventor