Interesting email from Inmotion USA re: KingSong and EUCO

Arnold Pamplona

Did anyone else get the email below from InMotion USA (myInMotion.com)?  It was confusing to me. I assumed InMotion USA was the American front of InMotion, but here, it says they are launching MyKingSong.com. Moreover, it looks like InMotion USA is somewhat affiliated with a new entity called EUCO (Electric Unicycle Collective). 

I’m new to this community, so I don’t know how the big three companies (InMotion, KingSong, and GotWay) might be intertwined. I also have never heard of EUCO. Anybody have the inside scoop?

60B1E67E-D040-4397-B799-0D56D050114E.png

556E89DB-7052-4203-8C21-9F719730A2C0.png

While it's true InMotion USA is a distributor, their relationship with InMotion was clearly a little more than that as they were allowed to call themselves "InMotion USA" whereas it looks like they're presumably not allowed to call themselves "King Song USA", hence the brand asymmetry:

• myinmotion.com = "InMotion USA"
  • mykingsong.com = "MyKingSong"

I wonder if (and if so, how hard) they may have tried to become "King Song USA" and if there's any story there.

Surprise surprise, "mygotway.com" is currently not available for purchase. ;-) I wonder if that's already on its way/to be seen soon, or "just in case"/"maybe one day".

It actually makes sense that they would choose to branch out and expand to other brands. (As long as this doesn't damage their relationship with InMotion, but I'm guessing that relationship was/is pretty limited.)

More broadly it's interesting to see them expanding their overarching brand to this "EUCO". I wonder if it's merely for the sake of expanding their scope, or if they actually want/need to distance themselves from InMotion for some reason.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

It seems quite odd. Perhaps there is a merger on the horizon. I'm going to sign up to the EUCO newsletter though because if it's Inmotion led I'm quite optimistic. The major manufacturers don't seem to be spearheading any community led ventures, it's mainly users who have promoted EUC's and built a community within social media etc so if Inmotion is making a concerted effort towards EUC engagement I'll be following hotly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Creative Nomad said:

Perhaps there is a merger on the horizon. I'm going to sign up to the EUCO newsletter though because if it's Inmotion led I'm quite optimistic.

InMotion USA and InMotion proper are two separate businesses/entities. As stated above InMotion USA (and its now-parent, the EUCO) is just a distributor of EUCs in the US that has some limited partnership with InMotion the manufacturer. The people who run InMotion USA (a distributor) expanding to sell other EUCs says absolutely nothing about InMotion the manufacturer (nor about any other EUC manufacturers like King Song). There is zero evidence of any mergers between any manufacturers and/or distributors, this is just a distributor expanding their scope to include devices by other manufacturers. Consequently the EUCO is not "InMotion led" in any meaningful sense.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2