GoPro Fusion

Patton250

7 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Ok brother let’s get back to it.  Did you do all your editing with the Insta 360 on your cell phone? Do you ever do it on a computer?  What devices do you edit your videos from the insta360  on? 

Since the original Insta360 release they did update their desktop software to include most of the functionality that you need. So that's how I process all of my videos. I configure the camera to shoot in Log mode (a version of raw video - no color correction applied). I do all of my composing on the desktop and then render at the highest resolution and bit rate (100mbps). The resulting file is imported into Adobe Premiere for color grading and final editing. And if you want to edit in full 5.7K I think only Premiere supports that, but not positive.

There's no way around needing solid hardware to process 360 video.

But for super easy processing of Insta360 content, nothing beats the ease of using my iPad Pro (latest version). It flies.

Lots of techniques to learn, but all the information is out there. Just need to do a lot of reading, etc.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Since the original Insta360 release they did update their desktop software to include most of the functionality that you need. So that's how I process all of my videos. I configure the camera to shoot in Log mode (a version of raw video - no color correction applied). I do all of my composing on the desktop and then render at the highest resolution and bit rate (100mbps). The resulting file is imported into Adobe Premiere for color grading and final editing. And if you want to edit in full 5.7K I think only Premiere supports that, but not positive.

There's no way around needing solid hardware to process 360 video.

But for super easy processing of Insta360 content, nothing beats the ease of using my iPad Pro (latest version). It flies.

Lots of techniques to learn, but all the information is out there. Just need to do a lot of reading, etc.

I really like the idea of being able to do it on an iPad. That’s cool. Adobe premiere is like $20 a month I think right?  Is it worth it? I wonder how much time and effort I’ll actually put into these videos. 

11 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I really like the idea of being able to do it on an iPad. That’s cool. Adobe premiere is like $20 a month I think right?  Is it worth it? I wonder how much time and effort I’ll actually put into these videos. 

I would start of stitching via the app or the desktop software (might have to try the desktop again since they recently updated, but I wasn't a fan before as the stitching seemed better from the phone and swipe-hold manipulating each keyframe was much faster too on mobile), then give BlackMagic Davinci Resolve a go, as it is one of the Mac video editing mainstays (esp for coloring) and is free.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I have the Adobe Cloud plan (all you can eat). It's worth it to me because of the quality of videos that I'm trying to produce.

If you have a high-end iPad and don't care about producing top-end quality videos, the iPad is the way to got. The quality is very good and the workflow is awesome.

I'm producing videos for my channel and am striving for best quality in video and sound. That takes money and time. There aren't any shortcuts. Other people make videos with their phones in portrait mode. To each their own :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I have the Adobe Cloud plan (all you can eat). It's worth it to me because of the quality of videos that I'm trying to produce.

If you have a high-end iPad and don't care about producing top-end quality videos, the iPad is the way to got. The quality is very good and the workflow is awesome.

I'm producing videos for my channel and am striving for best quality in video and sound. That takes money and time. There aren't any shortcuts. Other people make videos with their phones in portrait mode. To each their own :)

Good point. You do make really good videos. I always wondered how you got such a good sound also. I assume you’re using microphone. Unfortunately my week is shot coming up because of this stupid hurricane so I’ll have some free time on my hands. I’ll get some extra EUC riding in for sure but I will also experiment with this Insta360. 

17 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I would start of stitching via the app or the desktop software (might have to try the desktop again since they recently updated, but I wasn't a fan before as the stitching seemed better from the phone and swipe-hold manipulating each keyframe was much faster too on mobile), then give BlackMagic Davinci Resolve a go, as it is one of the Mac video editing mainstays (esp for coloring) and is free.

Definitely going to experiment with the app first.  I have the newest iPad so that should work out good 

• Like 1