V10f pedal modification with grip tape DIY

Cumulus Libre

Hey guys, 

I ride both the V10f and the KS18L , my go to wheel the last couple of months is the V10f , it has only one minor downside and that's the grip, and having said that, I never fell of or slipped by having not enough grip, but off-road on some occasions I did felt that I was lacking grip compared to the other EUC's I've ridden with Grip tape... 

So yesterday I started on a modification on my pedals that I had already in mind for a while. 

I've seen mods where the whole pedal is in grip tape but I like too much the comfy rubber pedals to get rid of them and replace them with a stiffer grippier one.. like the ones you can buy

So I went to Skate shop in Ghent and bought for 2 euros grip tape. They had two options one for longboard with a bigger grain and the normal skateboard ones, I went with the lather one.. It compared most to the one I have on the KS18L.

I didn't want to put grip tape all over the place, and didn't want to interfere with the pedal layout too much, and came up with following solution. 

It was an easy job that I did in the city center, basically 1cm wide threads on +/- 25 cm long. At every beginning and end I followed the curve of the rubber layout , and 15 minutes later the job was finished. 

I did a few rides in the city centre of Ghent, and I have noticeably more grip, I wouldn't say the same as the KS18L therefor I need to test it more offroad, but I normally move my feet a lot, left right heel up down I ride a bit asymmetrically at times it gives me more leverage with breaking (or so I think) and it felt that i had to get used to it due to the grip tape, since the moving became less easy more sticky and hence more grip.. 

Hope this will help or inspire some people.. 

cheers

CL

20190830_145921c.jpg

Edited by Cumulus Libre
  • Like 2

the end result looks like this

And at least one someone is liking it, and looking forward to test it offroad.. :thumbup:

even after his accident a few weeks ago of getting jammed with his paw at 20km/h between the tyre and the back :facepalm:,  left him with bruises and 3 bad cuts in his cushions on his paw, after 3 weeks of revalidation our dog is ready to join us offroad again...

ciao 

CL

20190831_103759b.jpg

Edited by Cumulus Libre
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...