V8 - Won't Turn On / Atmospheric Lights Won't Turn Off

TexasTwixy

My V8 has been working great (technically a Solowheel Glide 3), has about 300 miles on it.  Normal riding this morning.  I stopped for a break mid-way through the ride and turned it off. When I went to turn it back on, it just won't turn start.  The battery icon does not light up, and the wheel does not turn on.  I have a cover on it, and it took me a few minutes before I realized that the atmospheric lights are on.  I'm pretty sure this was not the case when I started riding today, but can't say for sure.

Took an Uber home, plugged it in, and still seeing the same behavior:  1) Can't turn the unit on  2) Does not appear to be charging  3) The atmospheric lights are still on.

Additional info: The wheel rolls around fine, I don't feel any mechanical issues.  I've tried every combination of holding the power button and auto-cut off switch to try and get a response, but nothing seems to work.

I looked through the forum a bit and didn't see any articles related to this, any help is much appreciated!

I ended up taking off the cover and unplugging the battery, it wasn't too hard to do.  It looks like this is the closest thing available to a hard reset.  I ran a health check on the InMotion App and everything looks fine :)

I'm still curious if other have run into this issue as well.  I'm tempted to start carrying around a small philips screw driver in case this ever happens to me again so I'm not stranded.  I'd really like to understand the root cause of the issue.

A few tips that helped me with this hard reset:

• Remove the NON-handle side of the wheel
  • After taking out the two screws, you can run your fingers around the circumference of the wheel and pull the plastic up to make it un-click from the perimeter of the wheel (not shown in the video)
  • There are 2 sets of wires under the cover 1) a bunch of small wires in a flat & wide connector (i assume this is part of the controller) 2) A large black and red wire (this is the battery).  I unplugged the battery and that killed the lights and then brought the wheel back into a good state.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...