Advice on best budget android phone 4 pebble

1 minute ago, old-boy-on-a-wheel said:

Hi there

i am an iPhone user but need to get an android phone to link wheellog and pebble watch. 

You already have a pebble? If not this could be interesting:

1 minute ago, old-boy-on-a-wheel said:

Don’t want to spend a fortune but don’t want it to keep crashing either!

do I need a 4G/Wi-fi connection or just Bluetooth to use app?

Needed is imho:

Bluetooth for the connection.

WiFi should be needed for some reasonable easy setup/installing.

4G just if you want to use some online navigation/mapping tools?!

But @Seba could tell best in detail what is needed or not for his latest wheellog version:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, old-boy-on-a-wheel said:

i am an iPhone user but need to get an android phone to link wheellog and pebble watch.

Out of curiosity why not use the DarknessBot app for iOS if you already have it? You could pick up a last gen apple watch pretty cheap on Craigslist.

I have the Apple trifecta of phone/watch/airpods and I love the Darknessbot with it all. I am not interested in the sharing/social aspects of any apps but that might be one of your reasons for WheelLog.

There are two functions to darknessbot i would want before I can give up wheellog permanently, namely multiple speed alarms (DB only allows one alarm) and one screen functionality on the apple watch with all relevant data without having to swipe around. (a vibration alert on the apple watch would also be helpful). 

I use a prepaid Alcatel android with Jellybean (!) on it that cost me $6. An older cheap Android runs Wheellog/Pebble combo perfectly each and every time. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, prasket said:

Out of curiosity why not use the DarknessBot app for iOS if you already have it? You could pick up a last gen apple watch pretty cheap on Craigslist.

I have the Apple trifecta of phone/watch/airpods and I love the Darknessbot with it all. I am not interested in the sharing/social aspects of any apps but that might be one of your reasons for WheelLog.

I am new to all of this and didn’t know about darkbot , wheellog seems to be most popular 

On 8/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, old-boy-on-a-wheel said:

Don’t want to spend a fortune but don’t want it to keep crashing either!

do I need a 4G/Wi-fi connection or just Bluetooth to use app?

You just need Android 5.0 or newer with Bluetooth 4.0 to just use WheelLog with Pebble. In this case you can use both, Google Play and euc.world versions of WheelLog. Having additionally GPS you can record your wheel data with location in both versions. With euc.world WheelLog version and using 3G/4G connection you can upload your tours to https://euc.world in similar way to Strava or Endomondo, but with detailed wheel telemetry.

• Like 1