Interesting Max Speed on V10F

LZMutant

Hi - 

For about six months I was using a fast charger from ewheels (my 2nd) that never turned off when I set it to 100%.  I'd let it run for a day, and while the in motion app reported a 100% charge the charger would still be running, fan on and red light on.  On said old charger my Max Speed was 24.7, achieved one time.  Most max speeds were in the 23.5 to 24.3 range, all when I "gunned it" at the beginning of a ride.

During this time I flirted with using Darknessbot and changed the max speed to 27 mph.  Since Darknessbot didn't work I went back to the Inmotion app.  Interestingly, the Inmotion stat screen displayed the 27 mph top speed, but the wheel never seemed to actually adopt it.

About a month ago I contacted Jason at ewheels and he replaced my charger for the 3rd time.  Jason is amazing as you all know. 

Since replacing the charger I noticed a couple of things.  First, the charger works.  It shuts off after 100%

Second...well see for yourself in this shot from today's ride.  Look at "max speed" on the stat screen.  I've gone over 25 mph 3 times this month and the ride is still characteristically smooth as silk.  Yes, I get gentle tilt back but I don't get the sense I'm leaning in to any great extent.

So what's the deal?  Is this residual Darknessbot changing my settings?  The new charger?  What do you think?

Thanks!
Larry

IMG_5313.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

the V10F has a max speed of 40 KPH (25 MPH).. which means if you push hard you can go past that before the tiltback kicks in, the firmware determines how hard and how soon said tiltback happens, absolutely nothing to do with any charger or other app, no app can ever allow you to exceed the firmware max setting

• Like 1

Not the charger, see the explanation above. But if you are interested in higher speeds you can use DarknessBot on iOS or wheellog on android to rise the limit to 45 km/h. 

If someone knows what is recommended Wheel distance correction for V10F
This setting can be found in WheelLog > General Settings (scroll down) ...

I'm looking for a more accurate "Total Distance" value...
(User distance it's not relevant to me)

On 9/30/2019 at 3:59 AM, Meserias said:

I think you can just read it off the InMotion app by reading the alternate landscape display.  As you ride turn your phone sideways and look for total mileage.

On 9/30/2019 at 12:59 PM, Meserias said:

Just divide the distance by two.