Complete newb attempting to connect to app for first time...

M640x

Hello all, brand new to EUC world.  I bought a brand new (open box) KS 14S which came without a user manual.

I already took care of that problem.  I downloaded the kingsong app from instructions I found on this forum.  Not the play store.

I have searched and I'm sure instructions are here somewhere I just haven't found them yet.  I have an android phone running 9.0, and a downloaded

user manual.

The big question is, now what?  I have seen bits and pieces of info on creating an account, unlocking the wheel somehow, speed limiting until

so many miles are completed etc.  I just need help putting it all together.  I turned the wheel on and it doesn't activate the balance electronics but does give me

two beeps, one second pause, two beeps, and continues like that.  I also have 4 green lights up the sides.  I do have experience in the balance device world, I started

with and own 3 Onewheel boards but the EUC is brand new.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know what info you need from me to get things going.

I do not recall for your model as it was released before I started to ride. Unless it is a V2, updated (if that exist). 

I thi k what you have is the wheel is locked so you have to unlock it. This is to avoid the wheel accidentally turns on in the box with the risk of burning the control board. 

I don't have access to a working wheel right now from KS. So I can't go into details of unlocking it. 

Similar post for both KS18L/XL and KS16X have been posted here on the forum., so maybe you can find inspiration from those models. 

Thank you for the quick response.  The more I search the more I learn.  So yes, the wheel is locked from the factory and that's a good place to start.  I found a tutorial

on youtube for unlocking and I'll try it tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Senior Coffee said:

Got it unlocked.  Now to figure out how to ride this thing lol.  :thumbup:

Practice stepping off it while it falls over first... That is the easiest thing to learn!   ;)

On 8/29/2019 at 2:24 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Practice stepping off it while it falls over first... That is the easiest thing to learn!   ;)

Oh yeah, got that one down lol.  I circled my car a couple times hanging on for dear life then was able to ride across the yard in straight lines successfully.

Turning is going to take some time.  It's a bit comical to watch lol.  I look like a buzzard in a hurricane the way my arms are flapping to stay upright.  :laughbounce2:

Right now I'm practicing in the grass in my yard.  It's more forgiving on the body and wheel.  It's also a little harder to navigate through than the street

which helps build better skills overall IMO.   I used this same area of my yard to learn my Onewheel initially and it helped with a smooth transition to the street.

I absolutely love this EUC and now my Onewheel has some competition.