Warning Himiway unicycle

Berus

On 7 october after several days that I was speaking with this  Himiway (they reply to all my questions) I have decided to place a sample order.

Paid with paypal.

Delivery date 15 october I got my fedex tracking number.

On 15 october Fedex refused delivery in Italy probably they forgot the battery certification (IATA rules)

From 15 october Himiway stopped reply me via chat email or whats up.

I have opened a dispute on paypal to solicit a reply ..nothing.

So today I requested a refund to paypal.

They was marked as gold supplier, on site checked with a lot of feedback on taobao.com .

stay away .. :angry:

edit : their shop are back online now

Edited by Berus
  • Upvote 1

Sums to be a lot off this poor service around art the minute, hope you get it sorted.

Thank you.

today after 5 days I got a reply from another  Himiway commercial representative. Currently their products can not be shipped by air .Many of our customers goods was on air plane already ,but them sent back as of the checking .

for this reason I have deleted the word 'scammers' from the title and post

Edited by Berus

Because auf IATA rules no EU can shipped by air currently, if declared as an EU. I think no of the manufacturers has an employee with IATA safety certifications and the responding way to send the batteries in a safe way.

Edited by OliverH

I am starting to think we may need retail assembly shops in each country to make EUCs sell well. The batteries are some of the most expensive components and at least for now I guess they need to come by boat and ground transportation. If a local shop let you choose your EUC and then installed a battery pack we could avoid some of these issues with batteries not being allowed on planes. 

Ouch - sorry to hear about your problems.

I for one never consider it a done deal until it actually shows up.  As you know I have at least one on order and I don't know how long it's been, 2 weeks? and there is 3 more weeks to wait - but I'm hopeful it will actually materialize "at some point."

I am starting to think we may need retail assembly shops in each country to make EUCs sell well. The batteries are some of the most expensive components and at least for now I guess they need to come by boat and ground transportation. If a local shop let you choose your EUC and then installed a battery pack we could avoid some of these issues with batteries not being allowed on planes. 

I think there are millions of batteries on their way overseas from China via sea at the moment due to the air ban. Hopefully we should see them on local ebay soon ;)

I have one with an ETA but has no real tracking - I am assuming they are sorting it out getting stock over here and then I'll see real tracking when it's on this side.

My other one on the other hand is arriving tomorrow by end of day.  I'll be hanging out at home!

I have one with an ETA but has no real tracking - I am assuming they are sorting it out getting stock over here and then I'll see real tracking when it's on this side.

My other one on the other hand is arriving tomorrow by end of day.  I'll be hanging out at home!

Tracking is something of crazy

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track&tracknumbers=652583078148

delivered !!!!! in six hours to my house ... of course false ..:D

Wohoo!  You are now the proud owner!  :lol:

Uh-oh, I just checked mine and it says "will update when shipment begins to travel" - and this is unchanged since a few days ago, and the arrival is supposed to be tomorrow - and yet is has not begin to travel yet.  I broke my own rule which was not to count on an order until I actually see it.  At this point I'm expecting that they are testing my wheel for known issues to make sure everything is perfect before sending to me - and also that they are making sure to add the free accessories in the package, etc.

It is hard to believe that it will get here tomorrow though. 

Hi castShadow, did you finally receive your wheel? If so, what are your impressions so far?

I got mine from a reseller on taobao (2000RMB) during my visit to Shanghai this summer (no problems with taking it with me on the plane in my checkin luggage - guess I was lucky).

I found it to be a nice entry level wheel. Overall nice quality and cool design, but I also encountered a few annoyances:

- the body didn't take falls too well. the two bottom-most screws gave up and broke off quite easily. I took the wheel apart and glued and enforced it with a few layers of thick ABS-acetone slurry - wonder if it'll hold for long.

- would have been nice if the forward light was white/transparent for riding at night. When you open the case you can also turn off the fading of side-lights, which I found annoying/useless.

- i start to get warning beeps at 12km/h, tiltback at 15km/h - bit too slow for my taste

- the low battery tiltback kicks in already at 40% battery power - I'm also afraid the battery has the low voltage power shut off in place, may need shunting for extra safety.

- no shutdowns so far, but quite easy to over-lean, even on a flat road

- the power button is annoying to access - I just took off the rubber cover permanently

- if you take it apart you notice all the cabling is quite messy inside and there's absolutely NO waterproofing, contrary to what they advertise

- the silicone "cushions" are way too thin to serve any purpose. I used cell rubber strips to give it some extra padding, otherwise there was no end to shin bruises.

Despite the above I use and enjoy it a lot, Though already thinking about upgrading to the upcoming 16" kingsong or ninebot P for some more oomph. Funny how quickly you get greedy...

Edited by Tomek

Hello @Tomek

It's very interesting - so you received yours!  It looks like you got yours early and my hope is that they may have made changes or fixed some issues by the time I get mine.  I don't have it yet, and I want them to take their time if they are making it better.  I'm not in a rush but I'll be happy when it arrives.

I can let you know my impressions when I get it - who knows, when I get home it could already be there waiting!  I'll try not to bang this one up - it could be my last 14-inch purchase.

There was another - and that one arrived a few days ago now.  It's different.

On 11/3/2015, 9:29:21, Tomek said:

- the body didn't take falls too well. the two bottom-most screws gave up and broke off quite easily. I took the wheel apart and glued and enforced it with a few layers of thick ABS-acetone slurry - wonder if it'll hold for long.

- would have been nice if the forward light was white/transparent for riding at night. When you open the case you can also turn off the fading of side-lights, which I found annoying/useless.

I don't understand these two points actually  :)

"...the bottom-most screws broke off..." -- there are no visible body screws, but screws are inside, do you mean them - or do you mean the screws on the pedals maybe?

"...turn off the fading of side-lights..." -- do you mean the LEDs on the front and back and top?  There are no lights on the sides, no?  It sounds like you turned off the LEDs maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

@castShadow

to clarify:

- what broke are the plastic parts that hold the screws connecting the two halves of the shell. screw holes are quite visible, screws themselves not, because they sit quite deep. it looked to me as if the plastic around the screws was too thin, perhaps due to a faulty mould or some other problem during injection moulding.

- there are four RGB led strips on the sides of the wheel, behind the red plastic. quite useless IMO. when you switch the light button, all the lights turn on, the front and back ones with continuous, quite bright light (both white LEDs behind red covers), while the side lights play a corny light animation. it's actually quite silly, because through the red plastic you don't see the colors much, so it's just a pulsing red/purple light, while it's a full rainbow show if you take the covers off. the funniest thing is that the LED strips are controlled using a standard LED strip controller with a few buttons, which is simply glued inside the casing. When you open the case you can switch modes using that controller.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Cromwell said:

Husband got him a euc from a friend,  who got it from a friend with no charger , how & where do I find one !! Please help ME !!!! Please & thank you. 

Sorry, i have no idea which charger is needed for your Black EUC, nor the EUC that your husband got from a friend of a friend.

A bit more information as the color could be helpfull.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:49 PM, Cromwell said:

Husband got him a euc from a friend,  who got it from a friend with no charger , how & where do I find one !! Please help ME !!!! Please & thank you. 

Many wheels can be charged with a generic charger, you will probably need a charger for a 16 cell battery, that is a 67,2V charger . What is the battery voltage of your wheel? Also take a pic of the charging port and post it plz.