EUC Riders in Connecticut

MackMc

I was out riding yesterday in East Hartford CT and saw 3 people riding pevs. 2 where on EUCs and one was on a one wheel. I was on the hartford side of the River when i spotted them. By the time I made it over to the East hartford side they were gone.  I only know 2 people in CT with a EUC. Myself and the guy that taught me. For group rides I have been going out of state NYC, DC, etc for group rides. If you are in the CT area let me know. Would love to have a group ride in the area. 

• 9 months later...

Just put down the deposit on msx pro 2500w. Can’t wait!!! I’ll definitely go cruising ct!! Supposed to get delivery mid July!! Let me know. I’m in the New Haven area. What you riding??

I may be in CT visiting my parents in Newtown during the 4th of July. I have a Nikola 100v will let you know if I end up there we can meet up for a ride. If your ever in Philadelphia area look me up.

On 6/28/2020 at 7:22 PM, Bvoland said:

I may be in CT visiting my parents in Newtown during the 4th of July. I have a Nikola 100v will let you know if I end up there we can meet up for a ride. If your ever in Philadelphia area look me up.

Let us know if you care to meet up.

5 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

Let us know if you care to meet up.

Will do. Thanks for responding if I make it up would probably be up for a ride on Sun or Mon morning. I will let you know. Enjoy your 4th of July weekend!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 4:32 PM, I_Must_Bust said:

I can ride reasonably well now if people are still wanting to meet up at some point. Had a good ride today in Norwalk

Im in Westchester and looking for cool lengthy riding trails. Fairly new with 150 miles under the belt but alot of offroad and technical riding skills getting me sharp. 

• Like 1

Usually just around the roads near my place in Norwalk but I'm open to driving to a location. I use this park as a home base sometimes.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:05 PM, Deuce Allan said:

Im in Westchester and looking for cool lengthy riding trails. Fairly new with 150 miles under the belt but alot of offroad and technical riding skills getting me sharp. 

Trails would be fun. Found any good ones yet?

5 hours ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Usually just around the roads near my place in Norwalk but I'm open to driving to a location. I use this park as a home base sometimes.

Trails would be fun. Found any good ones yet?

I ride around Stamford and Darien, Old Greenwich is nice too.

TZB bike path is nice, you just tell the people, EUCs are regulated just like E-Bikes.

The North County Trail in Westchester, Putnam Rail trail, and the Maybrook trail are really nice rail trails. 

Nice trail from Yale up to Hartford,

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, 

New here and newbie to EUC as I’m waiting for my RS to arrive maybe this month..

I would be interested to connect with some local riders also, I am in Manchester but I can drive anywhere 

If anybody wants to give some lesson before mine arrive would be a wonderful thing..

I’ll check here later or I can be reached at @tamorogaa on Gram

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tamorogaa said:

Hey guys, 

New here and newbie to EUC as I’m waiting for my RS to arrive maybe this month..

I would be interested to connect with some local riders also, I am in Manchester but I can drive anywhere 

If anybody wants to give some lesson before mine arrive would be a wonderful thing..

Mike Mack in Hartford. I live in Stamford. Get a Helmet, full face is better. Wrist guards at your local skateboard shop. Find a spot to put your EUC if it catches fire, away from flammables. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:45 PM, Tamorogaa said:

Hey guys, 

To expand on @GothamMike's answer -- I like the cratoni c-maniac as a helmet for speeds under 30mph but would like something tougher for anything over that. I also found the much beloved but expensive Demon Flexmeter D30 wrist guards for half price on amazon "lightly used". I wasn't able to tell they were used at all. The Triple Eight Wristsaver Wrist Guards are also good but not as comfortable in my opinion. 

I learned on my own and it just took some sweat, some youtube, and some determination.

To get on and ride around a field took 2 days of 2hr practice. To get comfortable in the bike lanes it took the rest of that week riding around parking lots and parks. You'll be faster to learn if you have any experience with balance sports like skateboarding/skiing or if you have good balance, which I didn't before the wheel.

If you have a lot of trouble I can meet you in the evenings at a park in Norwalk. I'm out riding from around 630-8 most weeknights anyways. I'm not a super experienced rider but I have around 600miles on my wheel and I've taught a couple of buddies the basics.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I_Must_Bust said:

To expand on @GothamMike's answer -- I like the cratoni c-maniac as a helmet for speeds under 30mph but would like something tougher for anything over that. I also found the much beloved but expensive Demon Flexmeter D30 wrist guards for half price on amazon "lightly used". I wasn't able to tell they were used at all. The Triple Eight Wristsaver Wrist Guards are also good but not as comfortable in my opinion. 

I learned on my own and it just took some sweat, some youtube, and some determination.

To get on and ride around a field took 2 days of 2hr practice. To get comfortable in the bike lanes it took the rest of that week riding around parking lots and parks. You'll be faster to learn if you have any experience with balance sports like skateboarding/skiing or if you have good balance, which I didn't before the wheel.

If you have a lot of trouble I can meet you in the evenings at a park in Norwalk. I'm out riding from around 630-8 most weeknights anyways. I'm not a super experienced rider but I have around 600miles on my wheel and I've taught a couple of buddies the basics.

What park is that? I'm a few minutes away. Angel in Poughkeepsie and MikeMack and I have done epic (40 mile) rides on the Putnam/Dutchess sections of the Empire State trail.  Shady, hilly, relatively cool in the summer.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:58 AM, GothamMike said:

What park is that? I'm a few minutes away. Angel in Poughkeepsie and MikeMack and I have done epic (40 mile) rides on the Putnam/Dutchess sections of the Empire State trail.  Shady, hilly, relatively cool in the summer.

There are a few parks nearby but my day to day riding takes me through Calf Pasture beach, Veterans Memorial park, and Oyster shell park. I learned to ride in Ludlow park which is just a little one. That trail looks cool -- never been. Did you need to charge or can you stretch the 18L's battery for 40miles? 

16 minutes ago, I_Must_Bust said:

There are a few parks nearby but my day to day riding takes me through Calf Pasture beach, Veterans Memorial park, and Oyster shell park. I learned to ride in Ludlow park which is just a little one. That trail looks cool -- never been. Did you need to charge or can you stretch the 18L's battery for 40miles? 

I've not been on here for a while but am available for a ride this weekend. I'm more interested in trails either paved or dirt as opposed to riding in the streets. :efee6b18f3:

I'm in Westchester, some decent riding on dirt trails and some railways as well. Hit me up with a text 914-879-3700

• 10 months later...
On 6/13/2021 at 12:26 AM, GothamMike said:

Mike Mack in Hartford. I live in Stamford. Get a Helmet, full face is better. Wrist guards at your local skateboard shop. Find a spot to put your EUC if it catches fire, away from flammables. 

Thank you @GothamMike..I did got a predator full face, jacket and jeans from lazy rolling and wrist guards gloves..  maybe a fire bag at some point wouldn’t be the worst idea.. thank you ..

I did thumble my RS the other day and needs some work, I’m looking for somebody that worked on EUC before or willing to do, I’m not all that technical myself but willing to learn..  any recommendation? Mike Mack it’s a use on this forum or how do I find him?

On 6/15/2021 at 11:00 PM, I_Must_Bust said:

@I_Must_Bustthank you for your answer, I will look at those wrist guards, I have the hillbillies full finger gloves but as it gets warmer I may need something else also....I got all the equipment before I had the wheel, so all set in that department for now, thank you for all the recommendations.. 

as I was waiting for RS last year, I changed my mind towards the end and got a V12 finally in January 2022 (after waiting from April 2021  or so) and learned a lot on that, after I fried the mosfets I had to send it back and got into my original decision the RS… had it for a week or so and I did a tumble by mistake and now I need somebody that knows more then me to possibly work on it and waterproof it a bit also.. any recommendations please?

On 6/24/2021 at 9:14 PM, Kelly p said:

I've been thinking about getting into the EUC world all week glad to see there are CT riders. hopefully I can get one soon. still doing research on which to get.

Hey @Kelly p.. if you need anybody to talk to I’m open, I did a bunch of research myself last two years and such, I may be of some sorts of help 

but definitely get one, I can’t hide my excitement  about riding EUC`s , it’s on another lever joy..  

i can be reached here, or on Insta @tamorogaa .. 

hope you have a good day

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought mine online from euco but I would love to know a local vendor as well.   I am riding West of Hartford CT in a town called Canton.  I am right along the rail trail and the riding is great.  I want to meet of form a local riding group.  Anyone near the Hartford/ West Hartford area?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I want to post a report of how Euco.us is doing.   While I wish I had known you all before I purchased the wheel.  However, I am not yet unhappy with Euco.

Here is the story:

I told them about my cutout.

They responded pretty quickly via email.  ( A day or so after I sent in the report. )

They asked me some diagnostic questions, and I answered them . ( Did it fall, does it spin, what lights, etc..  )

Then they responded the same day.  ( Or the next day fast enough, but I wished I had been able to pick up a phone and call someone. )

They declared the controller board bad, and offered to replace it if I would pay shipping back to them.  they also offered to ship the board to me.  I would of course need to do the work myself.

While I truly wish this never happened, I am pleased with a relationship with a company that will both replace what they should, but be pragmatic enough to know we will need to do some of our own service.  ( I am kind of a DIY person. )

So, while it seems a bit clunky, I am actually pleased at the current situation as I think its best for all concerned.

And, while I believe I would do better via ewheels, I wanted to give this comparison.

Oh, now I realize I may need to get yet another wheel as my wife is learning so fast she will soon outgrow her V8S.  :-).  I would love some advice on a wheel for her, and I may use ewheels for that purchase to enjoy that experience.   I think we will want a faster wheel for her, and maybe a bit more trail worthy... any ideas?