Latest new firmware failing to update?

Cumulus Libre

Hey guys, 

I wanted to update my V10f , it has the SW version 2.2.8 running on it, but from what I am reading here below there is a new FW version out, so I wanted to update mine through the app on my phone, 

I followed the procedure, put the V10f on it's side and looked for an update.. my app tells me that I have the latest meaning the 2.2.8, 

Am I doing something wrong? I repeated it twice a few days ago and again today but always the same outcome..

all tips are welcome,

cheers

CL 

12/04/2019

(19)  

Screenshot_20190826-111356_InMotion.thumb.jpg.5ec40e0e149f30d3eca1ce9916836711.jpg

Below is the latest version built-in software of all EUC from our store:

Unicycle model Firmware version

KS-18L

Inmotion V10F

KS-16S

KS-14SMD

KS-14D/S

KS-18S

KS-16

Screenshot_20190826-111402_InMotion.jpg

2 hours ago, Meserias said:

I do not understand why InMotion doesn't make it available for everyone...

exactly , I wonder why ?  now it just seems the wheel or app doesn't want to work properly 

But so far the ride is awesome ;) so I can't really complain about that..

On 8/26/2019 at 11:17 AM, Cumulus Libre said:

I followed the procedure, put the V10f on it's side and looked for an update.. my app tells me that I have the latest meaning the 2.2.8, 

Am I doing something wrong? I repeated it twice a few days ago and again today but always the same outcome..

You say you 'put the V10F on its side'.  You should put your V10F as it is depicted in the app, not on its side, but it should remain straight, resting on its 'parking stand' (press the anti spin button to yield it like that).

After that, you should be able to install the update.

3 hours ago, Kristof Willen said:

You say you 'put the V10F on its side'.  You should put your V10F as it is depicted in the app, not on its side, but it should remain straight, resting on its 'parking stand' (press the anti spin button to yield it like that).

I have done this quite a few times before for other calibrations etc.. so I follow exactly the procedure depicted by the app like you describe too, nevertheless the app says that I have the latest version 2.2.8

while in fact this isn't through the latest version is the 2.2.10 so it seems to me that it's more an app related issue then a problem of communication with the wheel, because all other things I try to do with it is working just fine...

Can I ask where you guys are seeing V2.2.10 is the latest? I just had a new V10F delivered from eWheels with V2.2.10 already installed, but the included ‘Transportation Mode Operating instructions’ mentions a V2.2.11... though I get the “It is already the latest version” message as well. I don’t intend to “spin my wheels” on the issue for long, seeing as these things get lost in translation with Chinese products frequently.

Best guess is it's forthcoming soon enough that it made sense to print in their latest documentation.
It mentions an alternative to the app for shutting off transportation mode...

"Unplug the charger after at least two seconds to cancel the Transportation Mode.  (Only apply to the vehicle with V2.2.11 firmware and higher version)"

Sounds to be included in the next firmware iteration, though no telling when that will arrive.