Back on the Wheel Once More!

39 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

After taking an extended break from riding, I wiped off the extensive dust on my Tesla and decided to go for a ride.  I can’t believe it’s been about a year now since I’ve been on an EUC!  I charged it up to 100% about six month ago, and it was still fully charged so off I went.

It felt strange donning on all my old riding gear, but I made sure to cinch up my sleeves on my moto jacket to avoid elbow pad slippage.  My tire was at 20.5 psi so I pumped it up to 55.  I have to say it’s like riding a bike - you just don’t forget the technique even after a year!

The Tesla still performed flawlessly after not being on for a year.  I wish I could say the same for my Ninebot E+.  It doesn’t turn off using the power switch so I have to pick it up and let it spin to shut down eventually.  The ride was uneventful, and it was fun getting back to riding.  Hope you all keep having safe and fun rides!

So glad to hear you're riding again!

• Like 2

Congrats Hunka! I’m extremely happy for you! :thumbup:  

I know it took a lot of mental preparation on your part but you pulled through!   :cheers:

• Like 2

Welcome back Hunka. The EUC Force is powerful and hard to ignore indefinitely. Save rides ahead.

Oh, and 55-psi! Yikes :o  45 is my limit on that wheel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephen said:

Is there any for the 16x ?

Just waiting on our shipment to arrive... Watch our Facebook / Instagram / Forum posts to see when it is available...

But that is not what this thread is about! Here we are all abouthelping a legend  get back into his groove!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1

:lol:  Thanks for the welcome back and well wishes!  Hello to the new people as well!  There’s an EUC bodyguard available for the Tessie?  :blink:  Good to know!  Good to know.  Will keep that in mind.

I fell after I hit a 1-2 inch sidewalk heave at 22 kph and hurt my shoulder so that set me back a bit.  I used to ride a few times a week all over the place, but the injury made me think twice about it for a while.  It’s all pretty well healed up, but I’m still mindful of hitting the 40 plus kph speeds.

VR gaming in the meantime has been very fun!  Been also busy doing more car repairs like changing motor and transmission mounts, wheel hubs, lower control arms and bushings, stuff like that.  Good to see a lot of familiar faces ... er usenames still around here.  I’ve been popping in and out in stealth mode :ph34r: now and then to catch a glimpse of what’s been going on.  Looks like there have been a few ups and downs with fun groups trips, new riders and the odd report of falls.

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The world is whole again!

How did the crotcheting go?

How's the bunny?

I wonder if/how that affected the battery.

VR crocheting is amazing!!!  :lol:  Almost like the real thing!  Bunny is still pooping away.  :furious:  Still looking at some BBQ bunny recipes.  Are you still posting amazing German countryside photos from your trips?

Battery seems fine even after a year.  There was very little if any parasitic drain it seems.  I just did a 100% balance charge many months ago to keep things in check, but it still zips around strong and like new as if the year going by was nothing.  I’m glad that I didn’t sell it off.

55 psi is a fair drop from 65 psi which I was running previously so baby steps, baby steps!  What can I say, I like a firm wheel.  B)

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1